forum

[duplicate] Rank by key count [Mania]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
snexe
A lot of people said that this request has already been done through the ages, well, it's time to revive it as I think this is pretty useful.

I'm thinking about separating global ranks based on what key count you play.

For example: You are #2000 on 4 keys and #500 on 7 keys.

The rank will base on how many Performance Points did you get on xx key count, however, the Overall global ranking won't be removed (In case people will misunderstand)

This is a feature where ranks can be more accurate, where 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9k players can have their real ranks base on which key count they play.

Other threads that are similar in the topic:
t/372825
t/377519

Accepting suggestions as we push this on top and get applied in the future. :)
OzzyOzrock
If it has been denied often before, why bring it up again?
Topic Starter
snexe

OzzyOzrock wrote:

If it has been denied often before, why bring it up again?
Yeah, I have seen threads that this kind of feature can be just denied. But, it's nice if this thing can be applied, as we can see what other players can really do on osu!mania by having a separated leader board by key count.

"Why not ranking boards for each country for each key number for each unique mod combination for each state in each country for each period since the last lunar eclipse." - peppy

I have seen this one too. Actually all of those features are good enough BUT if we can get an accurate leaderboard for people who only plays xx keycount more often then it will be much greater.
abraker
Instead of making a new thread for the denied feature, how about you give my thread a go? It takes a different approach on the situation ;)
t/386058
Topic Starter
snexe

abraker wrote:

Instead of making a new thread for the denied feature, how about you give my thread a go? It takes a different approach on the situation ;)
t/386058
I'll think about it.
Zoel
Sorry, but no.
OperaMini0

ZoelPelaaja wrote:

Sorry, but no.
why not?
Remyria

OperaMini0 wrote:

ZoelPelaaja wrote:

Sorry, but no.
why not?
why so?
abraker

Remyria wrote:

OperaMini0 wrote:

why not?
why so?
Provide more explanation to why not instead of baseless opinions.

ZoelPelaaja wrote:

Sorry, but no.
Do you know that the majority of the osu!mania player base supports this request? You wouldn't know because you just started out. Stay here for a year or 2, get to 4 digit ranks and then your opinion will be worth hearing.
Kamikaze

abraker wrote:

Do you know that the majority of the osu!mania player base supports this request? You wouldn't know because you just started out. Stay here for a year or 2, get to 4 digit ranks and then your opinion will be worth hearing.
n o
I'm in 3 digits and I'm saying that your opinion is irrelevant.
abraker

-Kamikaze- wrote:

n o
I'm in 3 digits and I'm saying that your opinion is irrelevant.
What I am getting at is that player has little knowledge on why it's better split the keymodes up. I doubt he/she knows that players like staiain, EtienneXC and others are stuck in the 500-700 ranks because they only play 4k. In the little chance that player does know, then I can take back what I said.
Kamikaze
Okay there, you're bringing up the argument about rank when you're 2,5k and this is doable in a week realistically. Don't get too ahead of yourself. peppy already denied this, and to be honest I can see why, this is logistically too much of a hassle. Make a third party site, ask for permission to use API and get your keymode rankings there if you care about it so much. Frankly, a lot of pepole don't care about rankings as a whole in any way and it will be largely irrelevant until PP system changes which will never happen from how things look.
Halogen-

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Okay there, you're bringing up the argument about rank when you're 2,5k and this is doable in a week realistically. Don't get too ahead of yourself. peppy already denied this, and to be honest I can see why, this is logistically too much of a hassle. Make a third party site, ask for permission to use API and get your keymode rankings there if you care about it so much. Frankly, a lot of pepole don't care about rankings as a whole in any way and it will be largely irrelevant until PP system changes which will never happen from how things look.
everything about this is 100% correct, and i've bolded what people should do if they truly care to be proactive about it