New Server & Accuracy Formula

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Hey guys,

Been busy with a few things recently, of which I wish to focus on two:

New server
osu! has finally moved to its own dedicated server box. You may notice the increase in speed, and decrease in random lockups of the website/score submission. Unfortunately, this also means my costs have almost tripled. While there are plans underway to handle this financially, every cent you guys donate is of high value - so if you have some spare cash please consider donating via paypal (link at top-right of page). Thanks in advance!

New Accuracy Formula
Based on people's requests, the accuracy formula has been changed as of today to a more stable calculation. It is no longer rolling, but instead based on the average accuracy of every song you have passed. This means that you should work on getting your accuracy as high as possible on all your played beatmaps in order to improve this statistic! Further details will be coming to the FAQ regarding scoring systems in the near future.
Gemi
Great news both, especially the new server. I've also looked forward to the accuracy change (hence why I suggested it in the first place), so I'm happy to have it implemented now. Yay for peppy. <3

I'll be writing the F.A.Q. entries for all game score and accuracy related formulas soon, so remember to check them some time soonish to see how much everything affects the numbers on the ranking page.
aquabluu
Aw, I kinda liked the old accuracy formula :(
But on the bright side, at least we don't lose as much when we suck at a certain map, right?
Topic Starter
peppy
Old accuracy was fun, but didn't carry any weight when being used to determine skill. The new one can convey that to a greater extent. I am working on something to replace the old accuracy - and while it won't be exactly the same, it should be a bit of fun to raise up.
adamskii_uk
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
play a map full of sliders at the intro, make a 20+ combo on the sliders, then get a 100/50 on the first circle, quit and see @ the -accuracy%
Topic Starter
peppy

James wrote:

play a map full of sliders at the intro, make a 20+ combo on the sliders, then get a 100/50 on the first circle, quit and see @ the -accuracy%
This should have no effect, as only maps you actually *PASS* are included in the calculation.
DarkSerge
Accuracy formula is awesome :) I love statistics ;]
YoshiKart
Is it me, or has the accuracy formula changed again? I've been retrying a song, and I saw a "-0.02%" on the bottom right (where the user panel is in song select) while retrying.
Saturos
A map was deranked today. It was probably updating from that.
YoshiKart
Ghostbusters. Got it. :P