forum

Team vs. Matchmaking (Detailed Explanation)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
[ Scarlet Red ]
I didn't actually see this requested anywhere so I might as well give it a shot! And if it has been posted I'm sure mine may be different.

What is "Team vs. Matchmaking?

Basically a matchmaking system for Team vs. pretty self explanatory. I would like this for the people who want to... do tournaments or something... but don't have a team of their own to do it with. So they could play competitively on their own, and since it isn't a fully teamwork game like League of Legends, Dota, CS:GO etc I feel it could work. (Notice I said "Fully teamwork" it still requires teamwork strategy like mods or full team FC's etc etc but not on the level of those triple A games)

How does it work?

Well let's go through every step of it. So you would click a separate button on the multiplayer lobby and you can select the gamemode to search for. Then it would send you into a matchmaking queue with a number of how many people are searching at that time. Once you'd get in it would randomly select the Team Captain which would be the person to pick the maps. Then you would play each map selected as a typical tournament match would be with the wins and losses on the side. The first team to reach a certain amount of wins is the ultimate champion and they each get a "win" granted on their osu account.

Game Specifics

Players: 4v4 or 8v8. You get to choose what you want to enter
Win Requirements: Either choose a win amount (3 wins or 6 wins etc) or if there are no team captains (see Certain Interchangeable Ideas) then it'd be either best of 8 or best of 16 (and yes the best of 16 part would be way too long which is why I'm skeptical about something like that.
Maps selected: Either Team Captain way, or individual selections (see Certain Interchangeable Ideas).

Map Pools

I find this part one of the coolest. Each week on a specific day of the week a map pool would be released. This map pool would feature the standard: 6 Nomod, 3 Hidden, 3 Hard Rock, 3 Doubletime, 3 Freemod, 1 tiebreaker pick. Now I understand there are MANY issues with this idea and I will address them now: Different ranks play different skill levels, different gamemodes play different maps obviously, etc. So there could be a few ways to go about this: Instead of once a week, maybe make it once a month. And for instance each gamemode would release their map pools each week of the month, and that month would give a certain staff the time to release map pools ranging from super easy to advanced extras. This would be hard to do indeed but with polishing I'm sure it can be balanced. I just threw around some ideas.

Balancing

- Matchmake by Accuracy and Rank together - Would provide for people actually around your skill level (probably)
- Balance the teams if this doesn't go as planned. Example: Team 1 - 125, 150, 1000 5000 Team 2 - 90, 200, 3500, 2500 (or something around that in terms of ranking.)

Certain interchangeable ideas

- 1 month for map pool changes instead of 1 week.
- Instead of one Team Captain, the picked one can choose any other person to be the new Team Captain of that team if they'd like
- Instead of Team Captains each person can pick once and it goes best of 8 unless each get 4 and then the tiebreaker is played.
- Instead of in-multiplayer matchmaking how about in solo there is a matchmaking button which sets up the matchmaking and then you can play as you matchmake. (it would give you 30 seconds to a minute to fully accept. Or maybe until you finish a song that's up in the air rn)

Tell me what you guys think about this! I'm sure it's not explained too well so if there are any unclear questions I'd be happy to answer them. If you have ANY ideas I'll gladly add them to this post. Hopefully this isn't a bad idea xD Thanks.
Lolified
It's a great idea, definitely support you pal, let this be noticed!
Topic Starter
[ Scarlet Red ]

Jet wrote:

It's a great idea, definitely support you pal, let this be noticed!
Thank you! I hope more people see this and reply properly... I'd love for more ideas and a way to build on this. Maybe peppy can make this a real thing who knows? :D
Ashmar
Sounds interesting! It's something I would play, but I don't think it's something they will implement in the game. While I do hope so they do, cause it looks like a really fun idea. Many players would play this, but wouldn't it turn into something like cod. Like players being to MLG. Ok don't take the last one serious. I hope to hear from this as soon as possible Kappa. :lol:
livezi
Why there is still no matchmaking?
I really enjoy playing multiplayer with my friends cos they're at the same skill lvl as me and its so fun to play but usually they play solo...
I think you forgot about matchmaking rank instead of worldwide rank(?) It means u are top 100-200 ww not +HDDT farmer like some top 50 ww player :D but u play well like top 50 ww player or u may was inactive and now u came and u suck
So I think we need something like calibration for 5-10 matches maybe. Its should mainly depends on your worldwide rank
Topic Starter
[ Scarlet Red ]

livezi wrote:

Why there is still no matchmaking?
I really enjoy playing multiplayer with my friends cos they're at the same skill lvl as me and its so fun to play but usually they play solo...
I think you forgot about matchmaking rank instead of worldwide rank(?) It means u are top 100-200 ww not +HDDT farmer like some top 50 ww player :D but u play well like top 50 ww player or u may was inactive and now u came and u suck
So I think we need something like calibration for 5-10 matches maybe. Its should mainly depends on your worldwide rank
Yeah that's what I meant by matchmake in terms of Rank and Accuracy. The rank portion would be in terms of Worldwide rank.

For instance a rank 2000 with 95% accuracy may be matched with a rank 1850 with 96% accuracy and so on. Because accuracy and rank together can kind of show a player's skill as accurate as can be. Thanks for support!

EDIT: Unless you meant there should be a separate rank for this gamemode of Team vs. Matchmaking? In which case that may be an interesting idea.

Ashmar wrote:

Sounds interesting! It's something I would play, but I don't think it's something they will implement in the game. While I do hope so they do, cause it looks like a really fun idea. Many players would play this, but wouldn't it turn into something like cod. Like players being to MLG. Ok don't take the last one serious. I hope to hear from this as soon as possible Kappa. :lol:
I do very much hope there is some chance of this being implemented. I also hugely want to update this thread as much as I can so that when Peppy possibly sees this, it's very much polished (or close to it) that he doesn't have to think of too many other things. Maybe some balancing issues but that's it.