forum

Updated Osu! site look [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
NoW_Dream
The game is based alot on the site (for downloading new beatmaps, forums and stuff like that) but now the site looks too boring.

A long while ago i wanted to download the game but didn't bother because i thought it would be too amateuristic looking how the site looks.

More eye-candy please!
Feno_old
No support.

I think the site looks great.
James2250

Feno wrote:

No support.

nintendoto

James2250 wrote:

Feno wrote:

No support.

and also it already got renovated this year...
adam2046

NoW_Dream wrote:

The game is based alot on the site (for downloading new beatmaps, forums and stuff like that) but now the site looks too boring.

A long while ago i wanted to download the game but didn't bother because i thought it would be too amateuristic looking how the site looks.

More eye-candy please!
How about some actual suggestions instead of "MAKE IT LOOK BETTER!"?
Numbbi

Feno wrote:

No support.

Definitely.

Games ain't for looks (website nor the game itself), they are for playability.
oddysea682
1/2 support.
I did remember when the site had the osu! logo beating but that was like in 08
Crakila
No support!

The site doesn't need to be changed what-so-ever!
Luneko

Feno wrote:

No support.

Soaprman
Needs more gradients. Needs more web 2.0. Can we get some facebook and twitter buttons on posts while we're at it?
IppE
Eh, peppy should just slap border-radius to all blocky elements and it'll be perfect.
Mashley

oddysea682 wrote:

What
Takuma

oddysea682 wrote:

1/2 support.
Card N'FoRcE
The site is totally awesome as it is now.

Also pulsing osu! logo: http://web.archive.org/web/200711270233 ... su.ppy.sh/

D'awwwww
Ekaru
The site is simple and clean. It functions well and looks good. It doesn't have any unnecessary junk and is consistent. No annoying ads, either.

The only thing I would do is update this section of the site (though it's not necessary):

http://osu.ppy.sh/p/about

Other than that, it's a great site that works well. It's a well-designed site. I don't see what's wrong with it. At least suggest some things.
James2250

Ekaru wrote:

The only thing I would do is update this section of the site (though it's not necessary):
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/about
Yeah I was looking at that earlier and might be nice for it to have some updates
Remco32
Yes, the site is hideous. Lets use one of these pretty themes: http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/
Natteke

Ekaru wrote:

The site is simple and clean. It functions well and looks good. It doesn't have any unnecessary junk and is consistent. No annoying ads, either.
this
Derekku
Denied until someone (aka the thread creator) actually gives a suggestion other than "make it better".
FireballFlame

Natteke wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

this
^
dNextGen
osu! website is clean and cool

not like most of the website nowdays

Feno_old

dNextGen wrote:

osu website is clean and cool

not like most of the website nowdays
lmao
Firo Prochainezo
This site looks professional and clean, why change it?
James2250
(There aren't enough ads in that 2010 pic btw)
Aoitenshi
Dammit inside beauty is better than outside beauty :o
Topic Starter
NoW_Dream
Wow wow wow it was a only a suggestion.

With ''make it better'' i meant make it LOOK better, don't think the wrong stuff it's a good designed site but like i said it looks boring.

Just giving my opinion.
Derekku

NoW_Dream wrote:

Wow wow wow it was a only a suggestion.

With ''make it better'' i meant make it LOOK better, don't think the wrong stuff it's a good designed site but like i said it looks boring.

Just giving my opinion.
I'll say it again: Give some input other than "make it look better".
Xgor
Does looks better means less pink or what?
Rokodo
One thing I will say about the website is, JPG is nice and everything but viewing it from force-compressed mobile connections is a bit of a drag:

That's kinda my ISP sucking though, not the site itself. (PNG remains uncompressed without a force reload.)

Otherwise, I don't see a reason to change anything.

Also @ web 2.0 comments: You do realize that it takes certain scripts to drive the forums/site? Although it might be possible to implement a slidy-ass template with your shiny buttons it might not be possible to get the same security under the same set of scripts that actually run the forums and the site due to template compatibility issues. You can't just make an elephant and a pig mate with a lot of alcohol in this case.

A site redesign would most likely involve even more heavy modification of the already mutilated script.