1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
  4. Tournaments
show more
posted
Holy crap the signups!

We've expanded our limit to 32 teams, by the way.
posted
It says 39 teams are already signed up. Will there be 64 spots? or just 32
posted
We'll most likely keep it at 32.
posted
Looking for teammates
PM me (website or ingame) if you wanna team
posted
A few questions :D
How many lives does one have in the Group Stages?
Is it possible to switch a player out after a map has been selected?
If ''Person A'' and ''Person B'' is playing and ''Person A'' loses all his life, can he then substitute ''Person B'' or is he considered ''active''?
posted
Looking for someone to join me on a magical journey
Pm if you wanna team up

found some members ^^
posted

Xoulium wrote:

If ''Person A'' and ''Person B'' is playing and ''Person A'' loses all his life, can he then substitute ''Person B'' or is he considered ''active''?
The lives only start after group stages

Yes

Not sure, but I think so
posted
KEEP SIGNING UP and maybe max teams might change :3
posted

sjuul17 wrote:

Pm if you wanna team up
Wil je met mij op magisch avontuur?
posted

tryaway wrote:

sjuul17 wrote:

Pm if you wanna team up
Wil je met mij op magisch avontuur?
Helaas heb al 2 members gevonden :c
Volgende keer beter ^^
posted
who is this "megatron is bad" guy, he seems pretty bad
posted

LeMainManCarfan wrote:

who is this "megatron is bad" guy, he seems pretty bad
gg rekt :/

Okay, actual serious stuff!

I'm going to go ahead and close registration now. The staff and I were nowhere close to expecting 52 teams to sign up in the first two days! o/

However, this also poses a problem: we only have spots for 32, and the most fair way to do this is to accept teams on a first-come, first-serve basis. So if you are one of the later teams to sign up, I'm sorry, but there may be a strong chance that we may not have a spot for you :(

There may be a change to the Last Man Standing rules - the staff is deliberating over the final details in the gameplay side of the tournament but major changes may follow. Stay tuned!

The staff and I will have the final roster of teams, seedings, and groups done by this weekend, which means we may release the mappool around that time as well.

Hype guys!! It's happening :)
posted

Xoulium wrote:

Nope! Once a player loses all of his/her lives, nobody can substitute for him/her for the remainder of the match (unless tiebreaker).
posted

Megatron is bad wrote:

Xoulium wrote:

Nope! Once a player loses all of his/her lives, nobody can substitute for him/her for the remainder of the match (unless tiebreaker).
No, I meant whether or not ''Person A'' could change with ''Person B''. Not whether or not ''Person C'' could replace ''Person A''. If that made it clearer :P
posted
He basically meant if player A had lost all his lives, can he still be used as a substitute for player B

or is player A considered out of the game completely at that point
posted
Derp, sorry for the misunderstanding!

Yes, he can substitute for B, because after he lost all of his lives he is no longer considered active and therefore can be substituted for an active player.
Hope this made things clear!
posted
There have been edits to the rules as well as the overall schedule / dates for the tournament. Make sure you check them out!

Final rosters for teams as well as the release of the first mappool are scheduled for Saturday, December 19th.
posted
It's not a good idea to change schedule when people registered already. People high likely registered with the current dates in mind and may or may not be available on the new dates ESPECIALLY with the first weekend of group stage being on boxing day (or the equivalent holiday for people outside of Canada e.g. 2nd Christmas Holiday in Germany etc. pp.). You're setting yourself up for a bunch of drop-offs and schedule problems with this.
posted

Kanri wrote:

It's not a good idea to change schedule when people registered already. People high likely registered with the current dates in mind and may or may not be available on the new dates ESPECIALLY with the first weekend of group stage being on boxing day (or the equivalent holiday for people outside of Canada e.g. 2nd Christmas Holiday in Germany etc. pp.). You're setting yourself up for a bunch of drop-offs and schedule problems with this.
^This.
posted

Kanri wrote:

Australia has boxing day too ._.
show more