forum

How does one get better at accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kujinn
YO!

So, for a while, since I starting playing osu again after a 3 month break around April-ish. I spammed maps, that I wasn't really able to play, hoping I would get decent pp then I would've been able to with the maps I was capable of playing (I would play and try to fc 5.5* when I was only capable of playing 4.5 at the time). I never really cared about the accuracy I got, which was around 93, 94 every map cause I was happy with the pp.

I guess after a while, now that I am able to play these maps without as much difficulty as before, I realise that I'm unable to get a 98% accuracy on any maps that I can play, not able to stream less than 170 bpm or more that 200 bpm without missing notes or getting a stream of 100's and most of all, Not able to play OD8.5+ or HR. I don't really struggle with Hidden.

I started playing more DT to help get more pp, but I still get bad accuracy and now I feel like I can't read AR9 like I used to.

I think these top scores show exactly what I mean.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks !
Infevo
high acc usually comes from being able to read something with ease and having the tapping skills to execute these reads respectively and in tune with the rhythm.

btw. how does someone get a 250pp play after 18k pc and only 3m hits? wtf?
Yolshka
Hm.. I would say just practice those maps that you can actually play.
But I guess at that high of a skill level, lower accuracy is expected.(?)
ymee
Have you tried playing on a higher circle size? (6-?)
Topic Starter
Kujinn

Infevo wrote:

high acc usually comes from being able to read something with ease and having the tapping skills to execute these reads respectively and in tune with the rhythm.

I guess that's my main issue, cause I don't really feel like there is anything wrong with my aim (I dunno for sure). It's mainly my tapping, I suppose, I don't really know :(

ShadyAngel wrote:

Hm.. I would say just practice those maps that you can actually play.
But I guess at that high of a skill level, lower accuracy is expected.(?)
I dunno if there are other players like me, cause most of those around my rank generally FC the same maps, or probably lower star difficulty but have decent accuracy unlike myself.

HighTurtles wrote:

Have you tried playing on a higher circle size? (6-?)
I heard things about lower AR but Bigger CS?
ymee

Kujinn wrote:

I heard things about lower AR but Bigger CS?
Bigger/Lower CS can increase your timing, which 'could' improve your accuracy
Ninonuko

Kujinn wrote:

I dunno if there are other players like me, cause most of those around my rank generally FC the same maps, or probably lower star difficulty but have decent accuracy unlike myself.
Hi, I never stop reading map no matter how panic I am but bull's eye and brand new world jump is too beautiful that I can't read it

Infevo wrote:

It's a mystery :^)
Vuelo Eluko
spam easy as fuck maps thats what i did it came naturally not like aim, aim never came ever even when all i did was push my reading and aim on high cs/low ar/high difficulty maps for like a year.
Beafowl
I became an accuracy player just because I wasn't able to play fast maps, so that I am forced to have a good accuracy to get better xD
And I always used hidden, idk if that had any influence.
vsprite
listen to the music
KanoSet

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

spam easy as fuck maps thats what i did it came naturally not like aim, aim never came ever even when all i did was push my reading and aim on high cs/low ar/high difficulty maps for like a year.
+1
chainpullz

Ninonuko wrote:

Kujinn wrote:

Hi, I never stop reading map no matter how panic I am but bull's eye and brand new world jump is too beautiful that I can't read it

Infevo wrote:

It's a mystery :^)
That map though.
Sophia
Turn on HD.

Yeah, I know you said you don't struggle with it, but that's not what your top plays say. HD will help.

Or, you could take the harsh way, go back to 4.5 star songs and play them with Hard Rock. You're going to die a lot though.
buny
play more
Topic Starter
Kujinn

Sophia wrote:

Turn on HD.

Yeah, I know you said you don't struggle with it, but that's not what your top plays say. HD will help.

Or, you could take the harsh way, go back to 4.5 star songs and play them with Hard Rock. You're going to die a lot though.
Alright, I'll try that thanks!

a loli wrote:

play more
*clenches fist
Endie-

a loli wrote:

play more
yumi
Clock goes tick tock tick tock

Try putting the map on Auto and listening to the hitsounds and tapping your finger on the table/keyboard to the bpm, not the map itself. It's not easy to explain but after a while it'll click in your head
buny

kiyumi wrote:

Try putting the map on Auto and listening to the hitsounds and tapping your finger on the table/keyboard to the bpm, not the map itself. It's not easy to explain but after a while it'll click in your head
tryhard as fuk

play moer get better no bullshit attached
Vuelo Eluko

a loli wrote:

kiyumi wrote:

tryhard as fuk

play moer get better no bullshit attached
i had no aiming peripheral for a month so i played autopilot so i think i have some perspective to give on this and i can definitely say that practicing with autopilot is a good way to get better at autopilot.

so practicing with auto will probably make you better at.. listening to music

better for accuracy than doing nothing? maybe. better than playing? hell no if you're already in osu! it's a huge waste of time, just do it when you're away from the computer and there's a song playing in a building you're in and you've got a chair armrest/table handy.