League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
14,939
show more
Vulf
Oh pls... They spend hours at work playing the game.
They have days that are dedicated to play testing.
Nofool

Vulf wrote:

Oh pls... They spend hours at work playing the game.
They have days that are dedicated to play testing.
and what do you think they test ? ranked ? rofl
Vulf
Does it matter what they test?

Your logic of them not having time to play the game is pretty stupid.
Nofool
why is it stupid lol ? it's like you'r one of them for talking about it like that. as you can prolly admit, the char's balance/design on this game is a bit stupid anyways, then why the balance/design team should be smart ? it's like they have to be progammer because of that job, that logic is really stupid lol.
Vulf
I am a game designer (not for Riot) so I know how things work for the most part. Of course it's different with every company, but Riot seems to ignore a lot of the baselines for things and they are starting to suffer because of it. Very unorganized with little communication is a more major problem than ranked play. The Rioter that played a large role in the Leblanc rework isn't even on the design team. He is a Q&A analyst LOL.

There really is no true defining correlation between ranked and the impact on design choices but it really doesn't help their case when you see 3-4 of the head designers in low silver with like 200+ games.

I'm not necessarily saying you are 100% wrong but saying they hardly have time to play the game is being ignorant.

It just really sucks to see a game you have played going on 5 years now start to fall down a terrible path.
Nofool

Vulf wrote:

I'm not necessarily saying you are 100% wrong but saying they hardly have time to play the game is being ignorant.
i only wrote they don't play 24/7, as you say they have only 200 games+ (i had like 500-700 games when i did my first ranked and i was still really bad) and what they do as test is prolly way different than tryharding game like challengers, that's all.
Witch Mercy
3 series later...
I am fucking stuck in Gold III. -_-
Navizel
fucking stuck in Silver II woooo
Vulf

Nofool wrote:

i only wrote they don't play 24/7, as you say they have only 200 games+ (i had like 500-700 games when i did my first ranked and i was still really bad) and what they do as test is prolly way different than tryharding game like challengers, that's all.
Implying you have to play 24/7 to get to high diamond. I did it in less than 200 total ranked games on my main. Previous seasons I got gold in less than 50 games. I'm not including normal games by the way. Morello has over 1000 normal games played so....

You don't need to no life to get high elo which is basically what you are saying.

Their play test are the same as any other game except they are testing out mechanics and new kit changes. Stuff not refined for the PBE yet (Warwick/Sion rework for an example). So yes you would want to test this out in a real setting as possible.
Nofool

Vulf wrote:

Implying you have to play 24/7 to get to high diamond. I did it in less than 200 total ranked games on my main. Previous seasons I got gold in less than 50 games. I'm not including normal games by the way. Morello has over 1000 normal games played so....

You don't need to no life to get high elo which is basically what you are saying.
Yeah but normal games are important a bit n___n Previous season I hit plat in less than 50 games... so what ? it's thanks to all the normal games i did lol.
1000 normal games ? he's here since the beginning of LoL right ? that's.. nothing. Ok i abused a lot by saying 24/7 but, i doubt that those rioters even play the game when they'r not working.

Vulf wrote:

Their play test are the same as any other game except they are testing out mechanics and new kit changes. Stuff not refined for the PBE yet (Warwick/Sion rework for an example). So yes you would want to test this out in a real setting as possible.
Makes no sense... if they are testing new things ofc the game will be different than any others. I could even say that, if they always test new things (i doubt that) it's normal to not playing perfectly in the current real meta lol.
Vulf
I've been playing league longer than Morello has and he has slightly more games than I do if you count normals + ranked. I'm a pretty casual player I play maybe 5-10 games a week if my work schedule allows it (or if I want to play Smite instead). Yes they do play it when they aren't working. I have several rioters on my friends list and I play with them sometimes.

As someone who has participated in a few playtest (Warwick stuff) It's really not much different than basically picking a newly released champion in ranked. That's from my experience. Major mechanic changes like season changes would obviously be different.
Blaziken


As soon as I bought the scimitar, ahri stopped hitting me with anything so it was a waste. >_>
Jordan

Blaziken wrote:



As soon as I bought the scimitar, ahri stopped hitting me with anything so it was a waste. >_>
Banshees would probably have been better in that situation
Kanye West
Samsung Blue is the first team that has qualified for worlds.
Navizel


wow god
BrokenArrow
Jinx is such a great champion holy shit

I saved up 6300 IP today and decided to buy her since I've been maining adc for quite a while now without having played any of the new/meta champs such as Lucian or Jinx. I like AA-heavy champions such as Jinx because I think my kiting has gotten pretty decent (been maining Caitlyn and Vayne) and.. damn. I thought Vayne was op because I crushed nearly every match up post level 6, but Jinx is just on another level.
I tried her out in a ranked immediately after buying her, went 12/3 and got 2 quadra kills. I don't think this had anything to do with me having luck or having bad enemies, this champion is just love <3

Also I decided to become a one-trick pony because that's apparently the fastest way to climb, guess which champion I'm gonna pick.
Glass

Navizel wrote:



wow god
ADC mains :^)
Witch Mercy
I am on a losing streak but I can't stop playing ranked.
I dropped to Gold 4 because of that and I'm just clueless on what I can do other than keep playing :/
BrokenArrow
If you are tilting, take a break
Else try to duoQ with someone better than you and let them give you advice on what you could do better, I did the same and it just made me realize how trash I really am

What position do you mostly play?
Justykanna

BrokenArrow wrote:

If you are tilting, take a break
Couldn't agree with this more. A have a few friends who could/can use this advice.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply