forum

FL disabled

posted
Total Posts

Do you think that disabling FL was a good idea?

No
54.29%
Yes
45.71%
Total votes: 70
Topic Starter
1miko1
Post what you think about disabling FL due to hackers. Personally I think that it is more unfair, than leaving FL enabled even if you can hack it. That's because without FL you can't beat some scores, or it's almost impossible to do this. How about deleting all scores with FL? That's also not fair because alot of people put their efforts to achieve such scores.
mm201
1. It's temporary.
2. Ask the hackers whether it's fair.
Topic Starter
1miko1
I hope it's temporary, I think we all hope so...
Niva

1miko1 wrote:

I hope it's temporary, I think we all hope so...
Yeah...
I'm afraid of easy diff maps will be dominated ONLY by Hid+HR+DT, and after the FL went back there will be a #1 achievement boom on Easy diffs...
Either way, please come back FL :( :(
Claudia_old
I couldn't really care because I don't use FL, but I feel like it really sucks for people who only use it/are insane pro at it [Lybydose].

But stopping hackers is important, so gj peppy.
Gomo Psivarh
If cheating is the reason to disable FL,
why don't we disable spinners?

Spinner hackers are way more than FL hackers.
peppy

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

If cheating is the reason to disable FL,
why don't we disable spinners?

Spinner hackers are way more than FL hackers.
Because we can easily determine if someone is cheating on spinners, and such a cheat application isn't being publicly made available everywhere.
Blackiris
Hmm, there are a few ways to cheat with hidd+fl even without hacking... so it's not just hackers but people who spoil the fun by - cheating, that's the word for it.
Anyway, the idea itself is good but truth be told I don't think that fl is coming back. After all, the moment it returns, there already will be those 'hackers' waiting for it. Hm, it's not easy, not easy at all. You see, hidden is as simple to cheat with as flashlight, and maybe even simpler. Double time - not as easy but possible too. Hard rock is a bit of a problem... so let's leave this mod alone.
The question is: why disable only flashlight, when both: hidden and flashlight are equally easy to cheat with?

Well, I still think that extermination of those faggots who cannot play fair and square takes first place. So... not easy but also not necessarily wrong decision. I'm for it.
Feno_old

Blackiris wrote:

The question is: why disable only flashlight, when both: hidden and flashlight are equally easy to cheat with?
If I'm reading peppy's posts correctly, this FL hack was being distributed to the public, something which I assume hasn't happened to hidden, if such a hack even exists.

Out of curiousity, what was the hack doing? Was it simply removing the darkness component of FL?
Claudia_old

Feno wrote:

Blackiris wrote:

If I'm reading peppy's posts correctly, this FL hack was being distributed to the public, something which I assume hasn't happened to hidden, if such a hack even exists.

Out of curiousity, what was the hack doing? Was it simply removing the darkness component of FL?
Probably, yeah.
Blackiris

Feno wrote:

Yeah I heard that it was widely distributed and some people were actually using it. However what I'm talking about is - as I've already written in my first post - not a hack, but a way to cheat. Playing with hidden and flashlight off even though they're turned on does not require any kind of hacks, external programs and such.
anonymous_old
"All I care about is my score. I don't care about the fun of playing FL. No. Give me my #1 back!"
GladiOol

strager wrote:

"All I care about is my score. I don't care about the fun of playing FL. No. Give me my #1 back!"
¿
Shiro
You don't read the main chat, do you ?
eMkay
After doing hours of research i think i found out how they did the cheat/hack whatever.
They just nulled out the flashlight overlay that is included in the osu.dll.
I didn't try it, but only these files were changed i think.

Let's see how many people can now FC with flashlight :D
peppy
Hours of research, good job there. Unfotunately, if it was that easy I think it would have been widely abused by now.

Anyways, this thread is going nowhere. *locked*