forum

I recently started dragging with my tablet and i need help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
2Nooby2Die
Problem Details:
So i started dragging a couple of days ago and my nib is starting to disappear due to the fact that i press my pen hard on the tablet while moving.
I wonder if you can replace the nib or if any guys of you have any suggestion how i can fix this issue.
Thx
-Nooby :D

osu! version: 20151119.9cuttingedge
Creyz
what
Topic Starter
2Nooby2Die

Creyz wrote:

You shouldn't drag.It reduces the lifespan of you tablet by a lot.But I know that it's not so easy to change to hover because I'm a dragger too.Try not pushing so hard,then the nib shouldn't disappear so fast.If your tablet came with extra nibs,you should be able to replace it

but it feels so much better and i see many other players doing it aswell i wonder how they fix this issue
Creyz
yes
Mahogany
Dude, seriously, if he wants to drag, let him. "Play differently" isn't a good answer at all, and dragging is a legit playstyle.

@OP: I don't drag myself, but I've heard of people using Felt Nibs, so they're not worn so easily. Try looking into and maybe investing into a felt nib for your pen?
https://www.wacom.com/en-us/store/nibs/hard-felt-nibs
Topic Starter
2Nooby2Die

Mahogany wrote:

Dude, seriously, if he wants to drag, let him. "Play differently" isn't a good answer at all, and dragging is a legit playstyle.

@OP: I don't drag myself, but I've heard of people using Felt Nibs, so they're not worn so easily. Try looking into and maybe investing into a felt nib for your pen?
https://www.wacom.com/en-us/store/nibs/hard-felt-nibs
thx man idk whether or not i can replace my nib prolly should look it up
edit: i have a wacom tablet cth-480 pen&touch 2014 version
Creyz
lol
Valvalecia

2Nooby2Die wrote:

You should have few extra nibs under the tablet where you take off the "slide"
Topic Starter
2Nooby2Die

Valvalecia wrote:

2Nooby2Die wrote:

You should have few extra nibs under the tablet where you take off the "slide"
I can't seem to find "the slide"
everything i can take off does not have nibs inside
Mahogany

Creyz wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

I never forced him to stop dragging.I drag too.All I said was that he should press lighter so his nib won't wear off
To be fair, you did say he shouldn't drag.

Creyz wrote:

You shouldn't drag.
Fifty
You might also consider a tablet cover. It will protect your tablet surface, and extend the life of your nibs. As a fellow dragger, I had nearly worn out my tablet before I started using a cover.
Topic Starter
2Nooby2Die

Fifty wrote:

You might also consider a tablet cover. It will protect your tablet surface, and extend the life of your nibs. As a fellow dragger, I had nearly worn out my tablet before I started using a cover.
Since when do you use a cover and does it extend the lifetime of the nibs drasticly?
Fifty
Well I've been using it for two weeks with no noticeable signs of wear on my nib.
Valvalecia
I've interested in getting a cover for a while now, where can you get a one?

The nibs should be in the slide itself, very easy to miss. ofc it could that your model doesn't have them, tho I have the same model but a year older.
Topic Starter
2Nooby2Die

Valvalecia wrote:

I've interested in getting a cover for a while now, where can you get a one?

The nibs should be in the slide itself, very easy to miss. ofc it could that your model doesn't have them, tho I have the same model but a year older.
I found them by now and yeah how much does a cover cost?
Mahogany
This guy seems to be selling covers for 5 USD, though I don't know how good they are.

Horo also sells covers. They're more expensive, but I've heard they're good quality, too.
Infevo
It doesn't reduce the life span. Noone who dragged for years experienced this.

If you're worried about this anyways do this:

Put down a paper sheet on your tablet area surface and drag on the paper. If you worry about wearing down your pen nib cover it with Sellotape/Tesafilm or use a pen cap or thimble.

You might as well just buy a set of replacement nibs for some €/$.
sottovoce
I use a clear sheet of glass about 5cm thick, it really reduces friction and protects the tablet and nib
Izzypookins
I got really cheap iPad screen protector and cut it to my tablet's dimensions. I've had it this way for maybe a year now and my nibs completely stopped wearing out and it works perfectly fine. There's a lot less friction too.
Zeilixi
i just used duct tape on my tablets