forum

A "deadzone" on the left of song select [Added in b107] [added]

posted
Total Posts

Do you think a deadzone in song select is a good idea?

Yes
90.91%
No
0.00%
Indifferent
9.09%
Total votes: 11
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
eyup
peppy and I have been discussing this and we'd like to know your opinions.

Currently in the Song Selection menu, if you mouse over the scoreboard on the left hand side, the song list on the right hand side will scroll. I find that pretty weird and annoying. Do you think a 'deadzone' on the left, where mouse movement doesn't affect the scrolling of the list, is a good idea?

You can answer via poll or via reply - feedback is greatly appreciated!
chan
I agree, either more features can be put there or it should allow you to scroll through extensive online ranking lists... once they happen ^^'
Echo
Perhaps instead of a deadzone on the left, make a scroll-only zone on the right - it makes more sense that way.
Topic Starter
eyup

chan wrote:

I agree, either more features can be put there or it should allow you to scroll through extensive online ranking lists... once they happen ^^'
Yeah, but I think the real issue here is the song list scrolls around when you are browsing the scoreboard.

Echo49 wrote:

Perhaps instead of a deadzone on the left, make a scroll-only zone on the right - it makes more sense that way.
I'm probably mistaken, but that sounds exactly like making a deadzone on the left -.-" The deadzone still allows you to highlight and click on the scores to access replay data etc. It won't be "unclickable". But hovering over that section of the screen won't make the list scroll.
Ivalset
I don't find it particularly bothersome, but then again, I can see how it could be mildly annoying.

Perhaps it should be added as an option in the menu?
Hitoshirenu Shourai

Ivalset wrote:

I don't find it particularly bothersome, but then again, I can see how it could be mildly annoying.

Perhaps it should be added as an option in the menu?
I agree. =o
Echo

eyup wrote:

I'm probably mistaken, but that sounds exactly like making a deadzone on the left -.-" The deadzone still allows you to highlight and click on the scores to access replay data etc. It won't be "unclickable". But hovering over that section of the screen won't make the list scroll.
I was kinda ambiguous = ="

As you've probably noticed, the list scrolls according to the mouse position, whether Osu! is the active program or not. So a "scroll-only" zone in the list means not simply a dead-zone on the left, but a dead-zone everywhere except the list.

edit2: if possible, it should only scroll when Osu! is the active program.

edit: ... re-reading that gives me a headache...
Topic Starter
eyup
So if the deadzone is on the left, and the list is on the right... doesn't that make the list a "scroll-only" zone?

LOL I've got a headache too now :D
Echo

eyup wrote:

So if the deadzone is on the left, and the list is on the right... doesn't that make the list a "scroll-only" zone?

LOL I've got a headache too now :D
Yeah, but I don't play fullscreen so Osu! runs in a window. If my mouse is outside the window, the list still scrolls.
Kylecito
agreed, it's annoying that the list scrolls when you're seeing replays
peppy
OK, your overly positive response to a deadzone means I already added it. How do you guys find it? Also the song selected will be re-centered when entering the deadzone.