forum

Public Release b349

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
Yep, it's that time again - another public release of osu!. What's in store? Well, in peppy's own words:

"Done some remodeling on song select, lobby, match setup and various other smaller things. Multiplayer features are more fully-fledged, and allow downloading of maps with ease [Note: This can be done by click-dragging or opening your .osz files after they are downloaded - no need to leave the game room!]. New features are minimal outside of Multiplayer, but I don't see this being a problem as I do want to focus more on Multiplayer in the coming months.

"Next on my agenda are addressing feature requests that I have left for a while, fixing a few remaining bugs, finish the taiko mod and god knows what else. Before starting on the next version though, I will be moving the osu! website, forums and Bancho across to their new home on our dedicated server. I will also be looking at finishing off the new website design :).
"

With that said, you'll find that the overall presentation of osu! is now a lot more refined - cleaner, more pleasing visuals, smoother gameplay, and it is much more stable than ever before. Even I haven't crashed it yet, and that's my job. Couple that with the incoming migration to a new (and much more powerful) server, what's already there is better than ever, and as always, new things are always headed our way.

For a list of improvements, take a gander at the changelog.