forum

A problem with setting a preview point

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hannanos
After I had put some notes in a beatmap, I went to place the preview point at the beginning of the chorus of my song. However, when I reloaded the song, there was no longer any sound at all. Furthermore, the beatmap length was shortened so that it finished roughly 10 seconds after the preview point. I could not change this back to its initial state.

Is there a way to fix this problem? The problem happened in both the latest stable version and the stable fallback version.
Endaris
I think such stuff can happen when your mp3-file has an url in its name so the name gets cut off. Such files will only be properly recognized by osu! upon dropping them into the editor for the first time, later on they're being selected via the following setting under [General] in the .osu-file for your difficulty:
AudioFilename: ZUN U2-This Dull World's Unchanging Pessimism.mp3
Some pages where you can download mp3's will put their respective url into the song-title and it happens to contain ".mp3"(or other file-extensions recognized by osu!) the filename will get cut off right there when applying this setting.
Afaik there's also a known issue when your mp3-filename starts with a number so recheck your mp3 to avoid that.
Change the filename of your mp3 and make sure that it doesn't start with a number or has any suspicious signs/links in it.

When in editor, fix the files containing your work up to now by selecting File -> Open .osu in Notepad -> changing the AudioFilename-setting to the new mp3-title.
Save the file, restart your osu! and try to access the diff in the editor.

If you want to be safe, go to your beatmap-folder first and copy it to your desktop or something so you don't lose anything on accident.
Topic Starter
hannanos
Changing the title fixed this for me. Thanks!
NaxzedYT
I tried changing the title yet there is still no audio. It plays in a media player, but on osu! it doesn't.
Endaris
Did you make sure that it doesn't have .mp3 in it twice? Or any other weird characters in the title?
Feel free to upload and share your map here so we can narrow down the problem.
Crypto_G
thanks! this helped me a lot :)
ayanayan132412
я не понел как сюка