forum

an introduction and a perspective.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hi. im King from illinois. i used to be known as MrCurrySH. i thought of that name because i like curry :p the "SH" means "scorehero", which is a forum for guitar hero. my new name for osu is KingKlick[01]. king klick is a song by the kottonmouth kings and in no way should reflect my skill as a player at all :p the [01] part is a reference to Hatsune Miku. shes cute :3 i started playing rhythm games in 2002 when i went to the movie theater and saw this game where these people were hitting these arows in sync with dance music. everyone knows that this game was DDR. i started playing it and i was immediately hooked. i spent hours upon hours just at that movie theater beating everyones high scores. the name for the high scores could only be 3 letters so naturally i opted for "ass" :p i stopped playing after about a year or so and didnt really play too much after that. then in 2005, something new was made; it was a game which enabled the user to use a controller with 5 buttons and a strum bar to hit notes that came at them on their tv synced to rock music. this game was guitar hero. too much time went into that game in particular, as i only stopped playing it a year ago. i also started playing black ops zombies starting in i think 2013-ish and that lasted for a while and i really enjoyed it a lot. i met tons of people who shared the same skillset that i had that i saw nobody else really had. so much time was spent finding new strategies all designed to aid in killing zombies faster in order to avoid the reset timer, but we wont delve too far into that vein :p then i stumbled across a zombie player known as pishizor. you may know him as pishifat here in the circle clicking community. i saw that he played this game where you click circles with a pen and tablet thingy and i was like "woah". so i started playing it and immediately fell in love :) im not much of a standard osu player (even though i have a tablet and pen :p); i actually play osumania the most. ive gained quite a lot of pp with it and have ranked up very fast in a ridiculously short amount of time and i will definitely continue to do so for however long i feel like it. altogether, ive been playing rhythm games for a little over 13 years now, and i will continue to play them, most likely for the rest of my life. rhythm games for me transcend our definition of what a video game even is. with no musical experience, you can now, in a way, see how these musical artists tick, and now have the key to making your own real music if you really wanted to. i actually make beats now because I, rhythmically speaking now understand how to make the music i create sound exactly the way i want it to sound. this genre is not just a game. its a way of life. everyone has a different playstyle; everyone has their way of playing to make them play the best that they can. i have mine and i have yours. i am not better, and i am not any worse. i have my style, and you have yours. that is all. i can only hope to improve every single day that i play this wonderful, wonderful game. thanks :p
Annadine
A-ah...

Loginer wrote:

1. Keep it short. No one on the Internet will actually read anything longer than 500 symbols.
But oh well.
Oh my god, you're a real rhythm gamer =w=
Welcome to the forums and have fun~
Bara-
Such a long post O.o
Gratz on typing something that long :D
Welcome!
mcwc2307
WOW thats a long post! But oh well... Welcome to Osu! Nice to meet you.
Annadine

deadbeat wrote:

3. If a thread hasn't had any posts in over a week, please don't bump it. Bumped threads will be locked.