forum

[osu!mania mapping] Adding notes/sliders w/ keyboard

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
feesh-
Hey guys, I am a newbie in mapping and I totally have no idea how to get started mapping by using a mouse because I don't like to click it one by one, it loses my inspiration to make a map, I appreciate the maps in osu!mania because they spent their time on clicking and adding notes one by one...
I do really feel you guys when you start a new map, you see this

And the newbie mappers will be like, "ugh, how do I start? I hate clicking, give me some times on how to add notes..." Few hours later, "ugh, clicking one by one is boring"

So, here comes the point, I hope peppy would take this thread into his future update ^^

If we can add notes by pressing key (depends on your osu!mania layout) and detect if it's tapping or holding, and the notes should be added in time. If you're holding the key, the sliders should follow the time of you holding the key and when you release it, the sliders should stop at the time, and you can remove the notes that you felt that is off-sync and it's quite easier to make maps if we have this feature added.

tl;dr:
A feature that should be considered:
- adding notes/sliders by pressing osu!mania layout (your key settings) and remove it with usual way (select and delete)
JamesHappy
use live mapping by pressing ctrl+tab