forum

[duplicate] Seperate chatroom for Roleplaying

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Penda
Multiple times now I've found #osu being filled with roleplayers which I'd rather not have there, as I personally think this kind of chat behaviour should not be displayed in a general chatroom (which #osu is, as it's the first one you join when you open the game.)

This is why I'd like to request a seperate chatroom for this, so we can have a different answer to the problem at hand than was suggested to us by the roleplayers themselves.

Ayako
By 'roleplayers' ,what do you mean?
Topic Starter
Penda

Ayako wrote:

By 'roleplayers' ,what do you mean?
Constant talking with '/me', little example below.

Just one person using /me once as isn't a problem, but at certain times there'll be a group of 8 people talking constantly like this which is decently annoying to the rest who might not want to have anything to do with it.

Edit: Here we go, censored names and unrelated messages but this is exactly what I'm talking about.

My request here goes for both sides: #osu will be a bit cleaner and less flooded at the times these people are online, while at the same time the people who are interested in this will have their own place for their roleplaying where nobody will interrupt them.
Bara-
Uhmm
I see no need for this, like why would people even want to do this?
Also, will this channel be used (much) if it exists? I highly doubt it
Topic Starter
Penda

Baraatje123 wrote:

like why would people even want to do this?
It would prevent conflicts like the first screenshot I posted along with it.

Baraatje123 wrote:

Also, will this channel be used (much) if it exists? I highly doubt it
It'd have to be enforced by moderators (sadly) like they do when they send people to #language channels or #english when the topic isn't osu-centric enough (such as anime).
MBomb
I agree highly with this idea, as someone who uses public chats a lot and finds stuff like this generally annoying, disturbing, and just plain weird. It'd be nice for these people to have their own chat which I never have to look at.

However, whoever has to moderate that if it's made I would feel ridiculously sorry for.
Stefan
I'd go with deadbeat's feature to invite users in private chat, it's more likely happening than a own public channel specially for roleplaying.

t/19891