forum

Let test mode run on specific mods [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
mekadon_old
Discuss.
Example, you map an osu! standard beatmap and you would like to test it in Taiko mode or CtB. I can't recall whether it's posted before or whatsoever so just posting here.
Kitsunemimi
Pretty sure this one was suggested and denied before.

Even so, you can technically change the gamemode of the map to either game mode temporarily, test it, then reupdate/change it back.
Feno_old
Or you could save the map and then go to Play-Spec->Taiko/CTB.
mm201
If you set the map as taiko/ctb-specific, test mode will play it in those game modes.

So just set it to that temporarily.
Zekira
The main problem is that by setting the mode to Taiko, all sliders, no matter the length, get converted to drumrolls.

So when I test TaikOsu maps, I have to go out of Edit mode first.
Derekku

Zekira wrote:

The main problem is that by setting the mode to Taiko, all sliders, no matter the length, get converted to drumrolls.

Have you reported this as a bug?

*denies this request*
LuigiHann

Derekku wrote:

Zekira wrote:

Have you reported this as a bug?

*denies this request*
That's not a bug, it's an element of taiko-only maps
Zekira

LuigiHann wrote:

That's not a bug, it's an element of taiko-only maps
Zekira
Err... why is this denied again?
LuigiHann
Undenied
Esupanitix
Yeah, why was it denied? I think this is a pretty good idea, especially for taiko mappers who would rather test their maps in taiko and not standard osu!, defeating the purpose of making the map in the first place.

^Disregard this, my logic stinks today.

I didn't delete it in case people WANTED to read my terrible sense of logic.
Topic Starter
mekadon_old
Just sayin', isn't it easier to automatically press F5 rather than saving it, going out of editor, and test them?; having a problem in the map needs you to go to Editor again Though you can just press F3>6 Wait, isn't this denied earlier?