forum

Whats your Favorite Game of All Time?

posted
Total Posts
show more
fdtoonsman
My first RPG was Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Yeah, I joined the RPG train late...
[deleted user]
Soul Blazer for the SNES. It's just so darn good. I mean, you play... Jesus/Son of God. And you kill stuff. With a sword that shoots flaming birds out of it. Oh, and you can sneak yourself into the dreams of dolphins. And stuff. And you can talk with racoons and steal human-sized armor from birds.

And the name of the last boss? DeathToll. He's got Death in his name. That's why this game rocks my socks.
awp
Dethtroll
Detective Tuesday
Just to name a few, um...

Monopoly, In The Groove 2, Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core, Kirby: Super Star, Gradius V, Mountain of Faith, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, Super Smash Bros: Melee, Tetris The Grand Master 3, let me stop.

There are too many out there. I can never just pick one, and goodness knows I left so many out.
[deleted user]
Oh, did I mention you can talk to elevators and rafts?

That's how awesome that game is.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
SoupNBread
Johnny’s Xtreme Adventure - It has Unlockaballz, A T-Rex with a Sharks head, and a rocket launcher that shoots chainsaws... and the chainsaws explode.
It's like taking a tray of cookies and baking them up in your ass.

In all actuality ITG2(Arcade), Patapon(PSP), MGS3(yet to play 4)(PS2), LoZ:OoT(N64), The New Tetris(N64), MKDS(DS)
[deleted user]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGSSGakTb0 <- Sharkasaurus

But let's not forget Painkiller.

There's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning.
niedz
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
NekoShogun_old
I have like two favorite genres, RPG and rhythm. Storyline wise, my favorite RPG is Lunar: SSS. Such an epic game. (Though I loves me the Chrono series, I'm just waiting till they get their head's out of their rears and make the 3rd game.) Gameplay, I love me so NIS games (Disgaea, Makai Kingdom, Phantom Brave, etc.)
And I can't really name a favorite on the Rhythm side of gaming, I just love it all. Osu! is already proving to be a really awesome game, so it's already growing on me. (The free part rocks too.)
newbornlee
Hello, first and possibly one of my last posts, I'm waiting for osu! to install. :)
It would have to be either Dark Chronicle or Twilight Princess
Winterfaust
Metal gear solid series for me especially the 3, the story is too awesome
[deleted user]
From your avatar I'm pretty surprised of your choices.
Asher005
SBKT
Ew, FF7 and 10. I'd enjoy them if the hype about them didn't kill it for me.

For me, the best game ever is Legend of Dragoon. 120+ hour game and I beat it three times.
Lilith_old
ez2dj
Mogsy

Asher005 wrote:

I luurv final fantasy games, namely seven and ten. Also Dawn of War, Super Smash Brawl, Silent Hill and ressy evil :twisted:
Just to ask, why 7 and 10 out of all of them? I mean, personal preferences, and all, but I just want to see specifically why.

I mean, X was a solid game, and even back in the day, I didn't like VII. But it seems that most people seem to like VII and X the most.
SoupNBread
Slain087
I assume most people like VII because it was their first RPG, and considering the graphical quality back then, it looked pretty damn nice. X for the same reason.

And I can't stand the PS1 FFs, even though I enjoy every other (main) FF game (and Mystic Quest and X-2). VII is too irritating for me, VIII, I enjoyed the Junctions, but disliked the fact that the enemies were handily stronger than me even in the mid-game, and I couldn't even get halfway through the Mist Continent without getting tired and bored.
Trafalgar Law
Personally Tales Of The Abyss is my favorite game, Final Fantasy VII comes in a close second followed by Star Ocean The Second Story.

Recently I have found myself playing games like Baroque, Persona 3 (FES) and The World Ends With You, which are now on my favorite list as well.
jipostus
Hmmm... OSU! nah, it's awesome, but not the best... The best games I've played are probably Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Turrican II (For those who don't know, it's legendary sidescroller for Amiga)... There are Whole bunch of others, including many other Amiga games, and some a bit newer ones, But those were the first that came in to my mind. And yes, I feel old... ... ... >_>

Taizun_old
Omfg, this questions is so hard. >_< Any of the post-64 Zelda games, or FF7... Or.. alot of things. Such a hard choice x]
Banon_old
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2.

Go ahead... Make fun of me, but I won't change my answer...
Eagle1101
shinn_old
Halo- Combat Evolved for Windows :) Best FPS ever

Download: Jun Ishikawa - Sky High (_LRJ_) [Dagonpater's Hard].osu
Larto
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past. Seriously, LOVE.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion. The 8 months I had to wait and spoiler everything with youtube videos of it were a pain in the arse.

Final Fantasy IV. Even though Hyadain's "Four Fiends" spoilered me </3

That's pretty much it. And osu! of course, but do I have to tell you?
awp
how did Hyadin's Four Fiends spoiler for you? FFIV is like a decade old.
Slain087
It's like the original trilogy and the older Indiana Jones movies - there are always people who have never watched it. Always. The thing is, they're all so old that we all regard them as old hat, and spoiler the shit out of them, e.g. Aeris' death in FFVII or Galuf's death in FFV.
Larto

Slain087 wrote:

It's like the original trilogy and the older Indiana Jones movies - there are always people who have never watched it. Always. The thing is, they're all so old that we all regard them as old hat, and spoiler the shit out of them, e.g. Aeris' death in FFVII or Galuf's death in FFV.

Yup for me.
awp
Omighty
Metal gear solid 3

"GOD BLESS" quoted by Sir Omighty
Torran
Snake, what have you done? You've revived this thread! You've created a Time Paradox!

Kingdom Hearts series <3
Ph0X
Portal
Braid
Halflife2
Mogsy
Updating with my actual favourites.

The flagship Pokemon games have always had a special place in my heart. The Shin Megami Tensei series follows, along with a multitude of games from the Final Fantasy series and Pop'n Music.
Real1
Shenmue II

In close second is Nintendo's first party Mario and Zelda games.
YellowerYoshi
This is hard to narrow down to just one game but I think I can name 2 that are close competitors for the title:

Final Fantasy IX
LoZ: Majora's Mask

Inb4 "zomg you liek MM more than OoT whaaaat loser lololol!"
lukewarmholiday
No
LunaStrike
Counter Strike Source
osu!
S4 League
Global Agenda
GladiOol
Shooters:
Excessive Plus (free)
Urban Terror (free)

God bless the games I played when I was younger:
The Neverhood
Abes Oddysey
Abes Exodus
Ignition
Micro Machines v2

Probably The Neverhood and the 2 Abe games were the best.
I also had lots of fun with Ignition and Micro Machines, both racing games.
heintsi
I think i go with Ace Attorney series, no game has got me addicted before that badly(except osu) story and plot twists are just awesome.
Also from rpgs i'm gonna say golden sun and ff ix.
show more