forum

A preview, or a "test" tool in edit [Added in b110] [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
There could be a test button in the editor that would allow us to highlight and play a particular part of the song, in which the beats would become clickable and display the little 50s, 100s, or 300s, so we can test and see how our layout is working or if our beats are correct.

That way, we don't have to play through the whole song in the Play mode menu just to get to a specific point.
Kylecito
uhm well you can play it on the editor and check the EXACT time the notes will "click"
personally i don't see how that could be useful ;P
peppy
This has been mentioned before, and I think it would be quite handy! Just a matter of coding it :P.
Motto_old

Kylecito wrote:

uhm well you can play it on the editor and check the EXACT time the notes will "click"
personally i don't see how that could be useful ;P
Life bar drain for gaps in the song for one.
[deleted user]
The editor could use a playtest mode. In my mind it'll be like regular playing, but with the song position slider so I can replay or jump to certain bits and it runs from the editor so I don't have to back out of it and jump to the play mode every time I want to test a change.
peppy
Merged these two topics. Requesting the same feature! This will probably take a bit of thinking, but it can be achieved.

Edit: Almost have this working - expect to see it implemented by tomorrow :D.
peppy
Bump for completion.