forum

Am I the only player with this chest/arm pains?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
UltraRik
I play a lot of osu, but few months ago i started having weird chest, left shoulder and left arm/hand pressures and pains.
I sometimes experience muscle twitches on the left side in my lower chest, and I think it might all be from tensing up
while streaming high BPM?
Sometimes my hand feels numb.

I am also very afraid of hearth-related problems so I went to the doctor and the tests were clean, healthy hearth.

Is anyone else having these, or similar problems?
buny
go to another doctor
Ninonuko
This is why flat chest is better for osu! because it doesn't have any friction with arm.
I rarely experienced this problem but it never come back after I change my desk to the lower one.
KanoSet
the only time this happend to was yesterday.. i haven't been playing that much for the past two months - like 2 hours a week -
i played for like 10 hours.. after the first 5 hours both my arms started to feel tired and kinda hurt a bit
try to not play for long periods of time without taking a break every while
and ofcourse things like sleep wel... etc
ZenithPhantasm
Play less or take NSAIDs
Emayecue
I get pain from playing low level maps.

But then again, I get pain from doing not much in a day's work.

I think it's just called getting old.

I play when I feel good, I don't play when I hurt, and just go with it.

But if it gets constant and chronic, don't just ask your doc if your heart is good, ask them to evaluate where you have pain so they examine the right parts.
Cookiedipp
Hmm like a poster said above, I think it would be a good idea to check in with a doctor so they can look at where the pain is located. Happy to hear your heart is doing fine! If you feel playing Osu is contributing to the pain and numbness, it probably would be a good idea to take breaks to rest your arm. If you find yourself tensing during gameplay, try to relax the muscles. Is it your tapping hand thats having pain?

I've experienced some pains before, but it was mostly in my tapping hand. My wrists would get really tense causing pains all the way from my tapping finger to my shoulder. I found what helped for me was elevating my keyboard slightly and resting my wrist on the desk. Also, try not to put too much tension in your tapping. In the beginning I would force so much pressure on the keys and that would cause fatigue and pain. Keep tapping light and your arm relaxed.

I thought of it like how I play the piano, keep the wrist and fingers relaxed and don't slam down on the keys.

Maybe you could adjust your playing technique and see if anything helps you.
Pituophis
I get pains sometimes. Just ignore it. The worst thing that it could be is a life threatening condition.
otoed1
Depends if it happens frequently. If it does it could be a problem. If not its could very well just be you going out of your comfort zone. Your body might not be able to handle the speed, might need to work your way up.
ZenithPhantasm
No pain no gain. Pain relievers help I swear. They help me sleep at night 8-)
Endaris
Just don't tense up as much.
This is you trying to sync your tappinghand with your aim instead of sync'ing your aim with your tappinghand. That way your left side could chill hard.
I tense up when playing Hidden as I can only get the information about my aim through my memorization(or followpoints) which is why my aimhand leads the charge there.
Topic Starter
UltraRik
Thanks for all the replies, guys!

I'll just play less I guess :|