forum

I cant stop slider breaking and missing notes...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CptConnor
Im level 69, Ranked 117,598 and i cannot stop missing notes and slider breaking...
I use a mouse and its gotten to a point where i can pass 5-6* maps but cannot hold combos on maps that are 3-4*.... The fuck is going on.
I cannot enjoy this game anymore as the frustration of constantly missing easy notes for stupid reasons gets me worked up to the point i just rage quit.
If anyone has had this problem please give me some advice on how to combat this.
Ninonuko

CptConnor wrote:

Im level 69
Nice level.

CptConnor wrote:

I cannot enjoy this game anymore as the frustration of constantly missing easy notes for stupid reasons gets me worked up to the point i just rage quit.
Track your cursor while playing, is it actually land on circle?
Tap based on what you hear.
Listen to the hitsound, it sounds awkward when you get 100 on od 7/lower.
Just believe, never think about your aiming or taping hand, you won't miss/break if you're not doing something very wrong.

CptConnor wrote:

If anyone has had this problem please give me some advice on how to combat this.
I have been frustrated enough with my real life, so I just play for relief.
Reva
every osu! player has gone in this kind of state

like when I'm on 950 PP, my skills generally "dropped". I keep breaking sliders and all that but you know what all people say "Practice makes everything perfect"
Ted_the_red

CptConnor wrote:

I use a mouse and its gotten to a point where i can pass 5-6* maps but cannot hold combos on maps that are 3-4*.... The fuck is going on.
Maybe take a shot break from osu! sometimes having time away from the game helps when you feel like you are stuck and inconstant. You can try that or just play some easier songs for a while. chances are the harder maps you are playing are actually hurting your reading of easier maps
Topic Starter
CptConnor
Thanks for the input guys, i'll try all of the above and see if it works.
valmiera
$ko^zvl*xH7b9hDRxi_4Tx^OIbq4xL2c
Endaris

HowlWater wrote:

Try lower dpi, most pro mouse players use a low dpi (800ish) to have more control
Not true, depends on shape of the mouse and your grip.
Insyni
If you do practice easier maps for aim, make sure you are still keeping your speed on the harder maps as well.

I know I have this issue too, but it just goes back and forth from aim>speed>aim.
[ yogurt ]

CptConnor wrote:

Ranked 117,598
its gotten to a point where i can pass 5-6* maps but cannot hold combos on maps that are 3-4*.... The fuck is going on.
You're playing maps way above your skill level and you're developing bad habits, that's what's going on.
- Milhofo -

CptConnor wrote:

Im level 69, Ranked 117,598 and i cannot stop missing notes and slider breaking...
Why the hell are you playing 5 and 6* maps with that rank, you're free to do so if you do it for fun, but if your goal is improving that's not helping you at all. Osu has a pretty consistent learning curve, where you start by the easier maps and start going up when you mastered the previous difficulty, now you're playing 6* when you probably didn't even master 3*.. obviously it's impossible to be consistent and not miss notes at that level

CptConnor wrote:

This is a rhythm game, play it for the music and not to go fast, you'll have fun instead of getting mad at it. You can't pick up a guitar and expect to pull off some mad solos on your first month, get some more practice, and you'll eventually be consistent at 6* maps, if you don't quit 'till then
Pituophis

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Play moar^tm
maps that aren't way above your skill level. Play stuff that's difficult, but not stuff you have to button mash through.
chainpullz

CptConnor wrote:

pass 5-6* maps
Good joke. I'm pretty sure most 5-6* maps give at least 20pp even for shitpasses.
Saphirshroom
Because mashing through 5-6* maps getting 70% accuracy and missing a third of the notes usually does not contribute to learning the game.
KikuXDs

CptConnor wrote:

can i pee? if you get choke the first thing u have to do is close ur osu and play Robeats!
[img:1337][/img:1337]
Juuuuuuuuul
let's dig
_Arsen
Try to do this.

Play 2-3* maps 1 week
Then go to harder maps. That will increase your reading skill