Z-Tournament [Important Announcement!]

posted
Total Posts
373
show more
Histoire
I could agree with Ora, mappool could use a lot of polishing. Half of the picks don't really make sense and do not fit the mods well at all with its mapping style. Good job nevertheless so far on everything!
-Kupo-

electricbullet9 wrote:

Ora wrote:

I see half the maps are really out dated and most of the choices are dubstep. Not a huge fan of the map pool. I'm not sure what you see as "diverse"
To be fair, half of the OWC maps aren't even from 2015, and the only music on this game is weeb shit and wub shit. I can understand complaining about mapping on a map for example, but complaining about the song type is a bit picky. Sorry if the mappool wasn't good enough, hopefully the next one(s) won't disappoint you as much :P
Requesting more "weeb shit" in next map pool pl0x 8-)
tryaway
Sorry to say but your staff is really poor. (Not the players but the amount of)
I know that you don't have a choice since nobody is applying to be a referee, but it will put a huge workload on them.
Histoire

tryaway wrote:

Sorry to say but your staff is really poor. (Not the players but the amount of)
I know that you don't have a choice since nobody is applying to be a referee, but it will put a huge workload on them.
quick solution: get more staff xd
electricbullet9

Histoire wrote:

tryaway wrote:

Sorry to say but your staff is really poor. (Not the players but the amount of)
I know that you don't have a choice since nobody is applying to be a referee, but it will put a huge workload on them.
quick solution: get more staff xd
If anyone would like to join the staff team, feel free to pm bear or I and we'll gladly add you :) Note: if you'd like to be a mappool selector, you cannot select for your bracket
AIice
I think the more important thing for now is to give the links of the maps in the mappool.
Hadis

Histoire wrote:

tryaway wrote:

Sorry to say but your staff is really poor. (Not the players but the amount of)
I know that you don't have a choice since nobody is applying to be a referee, but it will put a huge workload on them.
quick solution: get more staff xd
"tournament maps should be annoying - they're tests of skill" - MapPool Selector
I talked to some of the staff about the 1k map pool and most of them didn't even know what they were talking about.

real solution: get competent staff
-Kupo-

hadis1000 wrote:

"tournament maps should be annoying - they're tests of skill" - MapPool Selector
I talked to some of the staff about the 1k map pool and most of them didn't even know what they were talking about.

real solution: get competent staff
Realest solution: git gud

(On a more serious note, the map pool plays and is fine (leaves some stuff wishing for tho), if you are nitpicking on certain elements within the maps because they're too hard or strange, maybe try learning that? become a better player in the process?)
Hadis

Kupopo wrote:

On a more serious note, the map pool plays and is fine (leaves some stuff wishing for tho), if you are nitpicking on certain elements within the maps because they're too hard or strange, maybe try learning that? become a better player in the process?
Sorry for not mentioning it, I complained about 'Believe', 'Somebody' and 'Gold'

Edit: Corrected map names. I hate names >:(
-Kupo-

hadis1000 wrote:

Sorry for not mentioning it, I complained about 'Believe', 'Somebody' and 'Gold'

Edit: Corrected map names. I hate names >:(
Don't see the issue, few out of the ordinary elements. AR9 DT pick can almost be expected when the upper limit is #10k.

(we probably shouldnt be spamming about this here :P )
Hadis

Kupopo wrote:

(we probably shouldnt be spamming about this here :P )
^what he said.
Num5119
Will the scoring be in score V2?

(I saw the other posts on it but i'm still confused :o )
Xeli

Num5119 wrote:

Will the scoring be in score V2?

(I saw the other posts on it but i'm still confused :o )
As many people have said, it will be scored in the Normal Version (The one you play everyday). It will not be scored based on the score V2
Phobos
Just wanted to give props to BearZyo and the people organizing this.

I'm entering this for fun and for the experience, just like it says in the op. Nothing wrong with having high expectations and voicing criticism, but I think its important to keep in mind that the organizers are doing this for fun too, they don't owe us anything. We should try to make sure they're enjoying themselves as well so they're more likely to put on another tournament in the future. Best thing is to do as electricbullet9 says, if you think something could/should be done better and you have the time, help out.

I think the 10k-50k mappool is fine, but even if it was terrible I'd still say thanks for putting it together. Scheduling might be rough with so many matches and not many refs, but I'm sure if everyone stays chill it'll work out.

I've already had fun going through the map pool and thinking about it from a competitive viewpoint, its an aspect of osu I've never experienced before.

Keep it up!
Sophia
The only real issue with the 50K-10K mappool is that it's inconsistent. Stuff ranging from quite a few difficulties make it counter intuitive.
Xorcon-Senpai
Is there anyone still getting ppl on a team
I am rank 63,835 atm and was wondering if i can join a team?
electricbullet9

Phobos wrote:

Just wanted to give props to BearZyo and the people organizing this.

I'm entering this for fun and for the experience, just like it says in the op. Nothing wrong with having high expectations and voicing criticism, but I think its important to keep in mind that the organizers are doing this for fun too, they don't owe us anything. We should try to make sure they're enjoying themselves as well so they're more likely to put on another tournament in the future. Best thing is to do as electricbullet9 says, if you think something could/should be done better and you have the time, help out.

Keep it up!
Thanks so much for the encouragement, it really means alot <3

Sophia wrote:

The only real issue with the 50K-10K mappool is that it's inconsistent. Stuff ranging from quite a few difficulties make it counter intuitive.
We are aware that the mappools do have some flaws, but we figure it would be best to keep it instead of changing it after it has already been released. We have already learned from our mistakes, and are working to ensure that the second and (possibly) third pools are more consistent and enjoyable.

NOTE: In the next couple of days, we will be releasing the full ruleset and possibly schedules as well, so stay tuned guys :D
ABlackButterfly
rank 85k atm, is it possible to find a team to join? i have no friends near my rank...
Xorcon-Senpai

ABlackButterfly wrote:

rank 85k atm, is it possible to find a team to join? i have no friends near my rank...
We can form a team but we would need 2 other ppl
Absolyte
Tournament date seems soooo far away.... Well, still props to all you good guys in the committee for your efforts. I've been on a committee before so i understand that managing a tournament (two actually) is stressing. Thanks for your hard work! (P.S. Mappool is funky, especially magnolia HD :P)
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply