forum

Swap tablet from right to left hand

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HaTiX_old
Well i was playing ~8 months with tablet in my right hand and now i want to swap to my left hand. Ok i want only opinions and tips (from people who made this shift).

Adding my notifications:

KEYBOARD

+LEFT HAND
-Single tap 381bpm
-Stream 623 bpm
-No freezing in streams
-Freezing in combinations
-2 notes/2 notes after slider = 1x 300 1x 100 or 2x 100
-Cant play slow streams
-Problem with stack/stream after pause break
-Accuracy drops

+RIGHT HAND
-single tap 420 bpm
-stream 542 bpm
-No freezing in single tapping
-Freezing in streams
-2 notes/2 notes after slider = 2x 300
-Single tapping slow streams

bpm test on http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

TABLET

+LEFT HAND
-Spin 272-333
-Consistant slider tracking
-Good squares and trianges

+RIGHT HAND
-Spin 370-412
-Fail slider tracking
-Good jumps
Endaris
Stream 623 bpm
Just FC FD4D+DT for ezpp.
Topic Starter
HaTiX_old

Endaris wrote:

Stream 623 bpm
Just FC FD4D+DT for ezpp.
If u mean this https://osu.ppy.sh/b/126645&m=0
Slower streams than mythologia yet i cant pass by combinations what making me to freeze anyway i want swap.
I Give Up

HaTiX wrote:

Something wrong with that website...no way I burst 9 notes at 963bpm. But 963/4 = ~240bpm which sounds about right.

The reason some player change tapping hand is coz they are left handed and upgraded from mouse to tablet. Most lefty use mouse with right hand and tap with left but after they get tablet hold pen with left hand and tap with right. If this does not apply to you then I don't recommend switching hand.

777 post count goodbye forum? :^)
ZenithPhantasm

KukiMonster wrote:

GOML
Topic Starter
HaTiX_old

KukiMonster wrote:

HaTiX wrote:

Something wrong with that website...no way I burst 9 notes at 963bpm. But 963/4 = ~240bpm which sounds about right.

The reason some player change tapping hand is coz they are left handed and upgraded from mouse to tablet. Most lefty use mouse with right hand and tap with left but after they get tablet hold pen with left hand and tap with right. If this does not apply to you then I don't recommend switching hand.

Page is right the reason why u cant achieve same speed in game is because adding another commands to ur brain. Speed in game isnt only as fast as u can click but also how fast ur brain is responding to commands. Example stack with max speed vs stream with max speed.
Whole life was using right hand for mouse but last time it changed, well isnt that good like in right hand but i feel more comfortable in left hand. Tablet is using "pen muscle memory" so as training i just started to write by my left hand and i must admit its doable. Am i right or left handed? hard to say becase few things i doing better with my left hand and other with right hand.
Maxis
Nah mate, you can't stream 600, nobody can. The BPM tester is testing how fast you're going in whole beats. Streams are 1/4 notes, meaning each hitcircle is a fourth of a beat, and there are 4 each beat to make it a stream. So 400 BPM with a tap every beat (what BPM testers are looking for) is the same as 100 BPM with a tap every 1/4 note (a stream). That means if you use a BPM tester to test stream speed you need to divide your result by 4.

Thus your real numbers are actually:
Left hand - singletap 95, stream 156
Right hand - singletap 105, stream 136

If you want to test it, map a 600 BPM stack in game (a hitcircle every 1/4 note), and then a 150 BPM one, and play both.

Or use a stream speed tester specifically, like this one.
Topic Starter
HaTiX_old

Maxis wrote:

Thus your real numbers are actually:
Left hand - singletap 95, stream 156
Right hand - singletap 105, stream 136

Or use a stream speed tester specifically, like this one.
tested by ur link if this is true
239,7 bpm and 278.2 unstable rate, but here is one problem i'm using index+ring and test is for index+middle so i still dont know my real speed?
-edit-
Ok i figured how to change key binds and i noticed something weird

left
single tapping 114.7 bpm 75.81 UR
index+middle 239.7 bpm 278.2 UR
index+ring 193.7 bpm 113.1UR

Wow thanks to you now i understand why i never was able to stream index+middle

right
single tapping 131.6 bpm 67.74 UR
streaming 164.7 bpm 501.84 UR ahhahahahahahahahaha omg