forum

why do all anime openings sound the same???

posted
Total Posts
show more
Green Platinum
Since they can make money making the same anime over and over again that logic probably applies to the music as well.
A Medic
You and me must have a different definition for the word 'same'.
abraker
Just because most of them are upbeat jpop, doesn't mean they are same.

Shitpost bait: you being racist to anime opening? That like saying that all asians look alike!
Green Platinum

abraker wrote:

Just because most of them are upbeat jpop, doesn't mean they are same.

Shitpost bait: you being racist to anime opening? That like saying that all asians look alike!
They are pretty uninspired though

Reading the lyrics always offers a good laugh
abraker

Green Platinum wrote:

They are pretty uninspired though
Maybe

Green Platinum wrote:

Reading the lyrics always offers a good laugh

Also change change the title from "all" to "some" or "most". Elfen Lied's opening is nothing like the mainstream.
Green Platinum
I'm pretty sure "Wanker" is the correct lyric in Miiro because of all the faggots who like that shit.
Railey2
  1. 1. They are easy to compose
  2. 2. The people that make them in the industry are very accessible
  3. 3. (consequence of the 2 points above) They are cheap
  4. 4. Appeal to a wide range of people
  5. 5. Theres only that much you can do with 1:20. Theres just no time for long buildups, or reoccurring complex themes
Mahogany
TATOE
meteor22
Can you tell me 2 openings that sound the same? Because I've never heard two that are alike so I don't know what you guys are talking about.
Mofu kun
probably within the same genre of music, they sound the same, but rock and classical anime op's don't sound at all similar sometimes.
lasodamos

meteor22 wrote:

Can you tell me 2 openings that sound the same? Because I've never heard two that are alike so I don't know what you guys are talking about.
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?q=ALI%20PROJECT but for other opening i dont know (work as well with NANO.RIPE)
PS : TATOE
A Medic

meteor22 wrote:

jerwyk
some of them actually do...
but it also gives you ez pp xD
Green Platinum

meteor22 wrote:

All ClariS songs except Naisho no Hanashi
shadow6000
I don't know why exactly, but it seems like half of the new themes coming out are by Garnidelia ever since Kill la Kill. That could be why they all sound the same.
-Seren-

Green Platinum wrote:

meteor22 wrote:

Ryo is awesome
Green Platinum

shadow6000 wrote:

I don't know why exactly, but it seems like half of the new themes coming out are by Garnidelia ever since Kill la Kill. That could be why they all sound the same.
Not at all.
meteor22

Green Platinum wrote:

meteor22 wrote:

bro, almost all claris songs are amazing, but every one of them is unique and different... I know because i listen to them all the time.
Green Platinum
What are you talking about? they are awful
meteor22
I am not answering that because you are obviously trolling.
joi-
Because it's fairly easy to come up with a somewhat catchy pattern and then recycle it to death.
-NikoNiko-
I've seen some similar anime openings, but I wouldn't generalize them and say "all sound the same".
Some are similar, but there are rock openings, as well as pop or any other genre.
Offdensen
Unfortunately,no,they are not.
They might sound the same to you because it is in Japanese or English (Yes,there is some OP and endings in English for anime.)
otoed1
The best shitpost...
Green Platinum

meteor22 wrote:

I am not answering that because you are obviously trolling.
You'd like B1rd, he thinks everyone who disagrees with him must be a troll too.
Rilene
I've never seen a high BPM hardcore anime OP or ED.
Green Platinum

Rilene wrote:

I think the main point of the thread was addressing the lack of variety in anime themes. Hip-hop is pretty much the rarest you'll ever find. Not to mention just hearing the theme the majority you could tell the age on an anime to 1 or 2 years error. Themes today are nothing like several years ago.
Meme
probably because they're the opening to an anime who the fuck cares either you watch your asian cartoon in a language you don't understand or you do something else no one focuses on the 30 seconds of music in the beginning
IppE
http://tuuba.moe/chinesecartoons/sidonia_op_ed.webm

http://tuuba.moe/chinesecartoons/pani_p ... h_op3.webm

http://tuuba.moe/chinesecartoons/sypmhogear_gx_op.webm

Definitely the same shit.

The reason some sound the same is because anime openings tend to get made by the same few artists that are popular at any given time.

It used to be fripside, KOTOKO, Mami Kawada etc. doing every opening ever, now it's ClariS, LiSA and whatever.
Rilene

Green Platinum wrote:

Rilene wrote:

I think the main point of the thread was addressing the lack of variety in anime themes. Hip-hop is pretty much the rarest you'll ever find. Not to mention just hearing the theme the majority you could tell the age on an anime to 1 or 2 years error. Themes today are nothing like several years ago.
I know the thread's point, literally >80% of every song is the same genre, or similar genre.
It is kinda rare now to find a unique (by that, I mean genre, not lyrics or etc) anime OP/ED.
Dilectus
Most openings/endings are just shortened versions of the full version.

Parasytes opening as an example.
OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d62TYemN6MQ
Full ver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-SQqppuGvc

Although all of fripSide's songs sound the same. Then again, why does every pop hit nowadays sound the same?