forum

[confirmed] Editor Bugs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Exa
So there have been several bugs that I have come across in the editor and I am unsure on whether or not all of them have been reported so I am just gonna gather all of them here. (In my knowledge)

Straight anchor: Client crashes if an anchor is being placed in the middle of a straight slider (not altering the sliderbody) and do Ctrl+G on that slider. Fixed
Special characters: I have been getting errors while trying to upload or update beatmap sets that include special characters (*,`,^) in their title.
Going above: If you Ctrl+C a stream (overlapping hit-circles), paste it elsewhere and do Ctrl+G, the hit-objects overlap in the wrong order. Fixed
Disappearing stuff: Copying and pasting a group of objects they are getting selected by default after pasting. However if you scroll though the time-line, only some of them remain highlighted and but can still be clicked and dragged across the screen.
Far crash: Client usually crashes when double clicking (to transit onto it's time) on an object that is more than 1 or 2 minutes away in the timeline. (This usually occurs on low-end computers and has been tested repeatedly).
Extra difficulty: It rarely happens but if you change the timing of a beatmap and save it, a new difficulty is created that is usually only in-game and does not exist on the osu! folders as a .osu file. It might or might not go away if you refresh but it will go away if you restart the client.
Huge sliders: Again, it's pretty rare but the client crashes when moving a middle anchor in a way that would create something like this.

Update:

Extra control: While in the editor and with the in-game chat on, it's still possible to scroll across the time-line if the cursor is on the transparent white border.
Silent Slider-Ends: Why having AiMod open and the beatmap progressing in the background, the slider-ends become silenced.
Placing hit-circle: If the hit-circle add tool is selected, while verifying the changes on the Song Setup panel, the hit-circle (that still moves along with the cursor) will be placed down in the mapping area.
White ends: This Happened white doing some Ctrl+G work. Unsure of what exactly is the cause. (Version: b20151110.10cuttingedge)

osu! version: 20151016.8 (latest)
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix reverse selection not working with three pointed linear sliders. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151023.4cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
TheVileOne
I'm not sure about the upload issue.

We already have a confirmed topic about the draw depth.

The highlight seems to work, but it just delayed for some reason.

Why haven't you provided a crash log for any of the crashes you have experienced?
Topic Starter
Exa

TheVileOne wrote:

I'm not sure about the upload issue.

We already have a confirmed topic about the draw depth.

The highlight seems to work, but it just delayed for some reason.

Why haven't you provided a crash log for any of the crashes you have experienced?

Will do once they occur again, this is also why I said I will be keeping this thread updated.
TheVileOne
I don't consider huge sliders an actual issue. There is no reason to create this a slider this large.
Topic Starter
Exa

TheVileOne wrote:

I don't consider huge sliders an actual issue. There is no reason to create this a slider this large.
Accidents happen.
TheVileOne
What kind of resolution do you need to produce it? My monitor isn't big enough to produce a slider large enough to cause problems. You would have to drag one of the points way off the screen and in a very specific position relative to the slider. I'm not sure if it could happen anymore. That screenshot is from an old build that was before a lot of changes to the slider drawing were implemented.
Topic Starter
Exa

TheVileOne wrote:

What kind of resolution do you need to produce it? My monitor isn't big enough to produce a slider large enough to cause problems. You would have to drag one of the points way off the screen and in a very specific position relative to the slider. I'm not sure if it could happen anymore. That screenshot is from an old build that was before a lot of changes to the slider drawing were implemented.

True, seems like I can't reproduce it as well.
Going to consider it fixed since I asked other people to reproduce it and couldn't.