forum

About updated maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zer0H0urs
What if you download a map in pending and then it gets approved? Do you have to redownload it? And if it gets updated do I have to redownload? Ive been thinking about this because I dont feel like downloading maps I already have for better gameplay.
James2250
Wrong place for this thread but anyway

As long as the difficulty names stay the same you do not need to re-download it if it gets approved, you can simply update it to the left of the map and it will show all the scores achieved on it

If any major changes are made then you should re-download (new mp3, new storyboard made etc, but normally that will be announced on the thread) Same for if someone just updates their map
anonymous_old

Zer0H0urs wrote:

Ive been thinking about this because I dont feel like downloading maps I already have for better gameplay.
wat.

When a map changes for whatever reason and is re-uploaded, the online score table will change to a pulsing "update map" (IIRC) button. You can click that to update that map, but sometimes game assets (the audio file, the background, or parts of the storyboard, for example) change and they are not currently updated when you update in-game like this. If you're paranoid you're missing out on some of the updates, you can re-download the map. (You can type /np in chat to get a link to the map, or click the web icon near the score table.)

I think an upcoming feature (osz2) will make updating smarter, so keep on the lookout for osu! updates if you're really annoyed by the current solutions.
Derekku
*late*

Or you could just stay away from downloading non-ranked/approved maps. ;)
K2J
:(