forum

Ability to resend a score [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Moofey
One thing I've noticed, at least for myself, is that the server fails to respond to osu! when updating my score for a ranked beatmap. This can be especially frustrating when I beat my personal best on any given ranked beatmap and then eternally hangs when trying to access scoring information; Since there doesn't seem to be anything that would retry it automatically, it means having to beat my newer high score that never got ranked in order for it to update.

So, that being said, I thought it might be worthwhile to have a "resend score" button either on song selection or on the results screen in the event that updating a score fails. This way, people won't have to make another huge effort to beat a personal best because their previous personal best failed to update on the server.

Also, I don't know if there already is one, maybe I'm just impatient, but if there isn't one already maybe there should be a certain amount of time before the connection times out. Maybe a minute to 90 seconds?
Saturos
Unless Bancho has crashed, your score is going through. Sometimes the ingame score fails to update, but your score was sent, received and recorded. If it ever happens, just check your profile on the website, and it will show your correct numbers.

Additionally, to fix it in game, just simply play a ranked song again for at least 15 seconds, or simply close/reopen osu. Both will update it.
Echo
What Saturos said. Even if it doesn't update in-game, it definitely went through.
peppy
Unless you're internet is fucked. In which case I don't take any responsibility :).

If the score submission times out, osu! tries up to 3 times before it gives up. So I highly doubt a score will be missed. There are periods where the server lags (hello donations plz) due to other clients on the shared hosting, but all scores WILL eventually be processed.
ROMaster2
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25

peppy wrote:

hello donations plz
Working on it....