forum

[resolved] Keep the original color of notes after you fail in multigame

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +9
Topic Starter
Gomo Psivarh
If you fail,the color of notes change to grey.
I think this is very annoying if you keep playing.

A notice "You have failed" is just enough.
James2250
I think it is fine how it works now
(and I highly doubt it will be changed~)

EDIT: Maybe im wrong :P
Derekku
It actually is pretty annoying to try and keep playing when all of your notes turn gray and become hard-to-read. I agree that the failing notice is enough, but I suggest that the colors fade a little bit (towards gray) rather than flat out being the same exact color. Staying the same color (as before failing) doesn't make much sense, but a subtle effect like I suggested would look very nice.
Gabi

Derekku wrote:

It actually is pretty annoying to try and keep playing when all of your notes turn gray and become hard-to-read. I agree that the failing notice is enough, but I suggest that the colors fade a little bit (towards gray) rather than flat out being the same exact color. Staying the same color (as before failing) doesn't make much sense, but a subtle effect like I suggested would look very nice.

^
Powerdrone

Derekku wrote:

I support this! ^

However, I wouldn't mind if you had at least two gray combo colors that were different instead of having all of the notes the same color...
RandomJibberish
I remember once I failed on Dead! in multi

Woah that bg is even greyer than it looks

support
Sallad4ever
Maybe let the "you have failed" notice stay until finish playing the map or change the BG color to grey not the notes

Anyway total support~
Galkan

Derekku wrote:

Well and enough said.

+1
Kitsunemimi

Sallad4ever wrote:

Maybe let the "you have failed" notice stay until finish playing the map
It already says "Failed" in the bottom right corner. But if you mean the message in the center, that would be as annoying as fuck.

And I personally don't fail because of the grey notes... But adding a bit of hue to them might be nice, if it's worth the effort.
Luneko
i like how it is :3
Topic Starter
Gomo Psivarh

Derekku wrote:

Yeah,support.
pwNBait

Derekku wrote:

would like this very much : ) +1
Card N'FoRcE

Derekku wrote:

+ 1 here.

I opened the topic to say the exact same thing.
Aoitenshi

Derekku wrote:

Well said.
Lizbeth

Powerdrone wrote:

Derekku wrote:

I support this! ^

However, I wouldn't mind if you had at least two gray combo colors that were different instead of having all of the notes the same color...
I like both ideas. Anything except having exact same color for all combos.
Claudia_old
full support of original idea.

keep original combo colors.
Mashley
Support, I hate the grey
Sup A Noob
Support.
[Strike]
support
qlum
grey is good ( no support)
peppy
Why don't we just remove failing from the game altogether? Wouldn't that make it more fun?

Hell why don't we just remove misses? Then you could get 300s every time without trying!
LuigiHann
I personally like the idea of having the notes in desaturated color rather than flat gray
James2250

peppy wrote:

Why don't we just remove failing from the game altogether? Wouldn't that make it more fun?

Hell why don't we just remove misses? Then you could get 300s every time without trying!
Good idea!!!
I would love to be rank 1 with over 100,000 other people~
(ok I am done here now)
Galkan

peppy wrote:

I don't get your irony here :roll:
No, really, is it that hard to say what's wrong with that idea?
Sleep Powder
Don't remove failing.

Change "Fail" combo coloring to black/gray values.

+ Support
Powerdrone

animask wrote:

Don't remove failing.

Change "Fail" combo coloring to black/gray values.

+ Support
Verdisphena
No
peppy

Galkan92 wrote:

peppy wrote:

I don't get your irony here :roll:
No, really, is it that hard to say what's wrong with that idea?
There comes a point after reading about... 500 feature requests that you get annoyed at people telling you to either remove, disable or add a toggle for every feature of your game. Sometimes giving the users too much power is a bad thing.
FireballFlame
Hmmm, I can seehow having people ask for a way to turn off a cool new feature right after it got implemented (like menu kiai time or something) can be annoying. ;)

In this case however it's not about a new feature or big gameplay change (like 'removing failing') but just a small design issue, and I can understand why people would want it.
I don't actually support this request, but people have given a valid reason and suggestions, so why the sarcasm :roll:
Galkan

peppy wrote:

There comes a point after reading about... 500 feature requests that you get annoyed at people telling you to either remove, disable or add a toggle for every feature of your game. Sometimes giving the users too much power is a bad thing.
Come on, this request is not that bad as it may seem. But if you clearly do not want this and you say "no" then close this so we can know the thread is over and to not ask about it in future.
mekadon_old
God, it's just a suggestion on keeping the original color of notes after he/she fails in a multigame.
Aoitenshi

peppy wrote:

You sound like you're stressed up because there's 500 same feature request, peppy.
Aquamarine
And instead, highly(or mildly) reduce the contrast of the colors. Or make a mod to choose between the two. And while we're at it, implement the same thing to your cursor while playing TAG. Gray cursors are so hard to find...

Reason: colors play a good role in gameplay. Let me list some. New color at the beginning of each combo. No follow circles at the beginning of each combo. Combos may indicate specific rhythms or jumps. Take note of specific maps that utilize colors:
1. Pluto (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/45074) - gray notes indicate slow slider velocities in comparison to the extremely fast velocities throughout the song.
2. Flower Dance (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/33688) - near the end, a stream of 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 (etc) combo notes appear to notify the player of the upcoming difficulty in contrast to the previous streams as this stream has more distance between circles. Don't know if that made sense. Play it to understand.
theowest
You can become "alive" again and get the combo colours back by playing better after failing.

I don't have a problem with grey cursors since my cursor is already pretty colourful, so it's pretty easy to distinguish.
CXu

theowest wrote:

You can become "alive" again and get the combo colours back by playing better after failing.

I don't have a problem with grey cursors since my cursor is already pretty colourful, so it's pretty easy to distinguish.
But becoming "alive" again require playing well, and grey notes may make playing well harder.
theowest
I see that as a fair punishment.
Wishy
The grey notes thing when you fail is completely retarded and has no reason to be, please remove it or make it a toggle, it's a feature that is, in the best possible scenario, not annoying, and in any other, annoying, no pros whatsoever. We usually just add no fail to MP rooms so even if we fail there is no need to play with those stupid all-grey hit circles.

Some maps become unplayable with this (if you're not using visual settings) because of BIG BIG YEAH IT'S ALL GREY BG SB HIT COLORS BURSTS EVERYTHING and if you play on low gamma it may even be harder to play because grey circles can be a little hard to see on black BG. Even some patterns where new combos are helpful for reading become harder for no reason since you get all grey clusterfuck.

Really this is one of those features that makes me wonder what was peppy (or whoever thought of this) thinking when they implemented it.
TheVileOne
This has already been denied and is a duplicate. You should not make "remove insert feature here threads". They are almost certain to be denied.
RBRat3
I support this or at the very least have it optable within the skin.ini under something like "Failed combo colors". I had failed colors blend in on a few maps I played making it nearly impossible to revive/play.
Wishy
It's a non-sense feature, that's all.

Would make sense if spectators saw grey notes when the user has failed (so you know if the one you're spectating failed), but it's actually the opposite, only the player sees grey notes, while spectators don't.
RBRat3
Well It may be nonsense I would still like an indication of failure like desaturating the BG and or flooding the BG in a red hue...
Wishy
You get an indication afaik, a huge sign on the middle of the screen telling you that you've failed but you can keep playing.
RBRat3
No one pays attention to that in the middle of a game especially since it looks like a tip, Plus its not constantly there....
Wishy
So instead you're proposing some completely annoying constant sign of failure.

You actually know if you have failed and it's not hard to notice a huge sign coming up during your play.
MillhioreF
I'd enjoy a compromise of "half-grey" where all the colors get dimmer and bleaker. Total grey just seems silly and makes some maps unnecessarily harder, since reading new combos is difficult.
Wishy
That's actually good, getting hit colors a little darker.
Sakura
Didn't peppy mention somewhere that he'd rather not even have any failing at all in multiplayer?

I don't see the big deal, if it's multiplayer just make it as if everyone is using No Fail or something.
TheVileOne
t/37653/ Support this thread instead.
theowest
merged
SteRRuM
big big yes yes!!
show more