forum

Asian Shirt Sizing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kaisei
Anyone know anything about Asian shirt sizing? My friends from highschool went to China and Japan and they say that sizes run about one size smaller than US(I'm from US). I have also heard that they run two sizes smaller from someone else I know. I've been considering getting an osu! t-shirt from the store, but I don't really know what size to get. Anyone have any experience with buying an osu! shirt and can tell me how small they run? Or maybe someone can just tell me what size to get. I'm 5'11" and 130lbs, so I am fairly skinny as you can imagine.
Rokodo
In terms of Japanese sizes, +1 size is generally a safe bet. E.g. if you're an M, you're an L in JP size.

Generally speaking though, I think you'll have to expect the t-shirt to be a bit smaller compared to US size even with a +1 consideration. I have a few doujin t-shirts from Thailand that were especially 'slim fit' even though they were L.

Basically, the cut of the t-shirt is something to worry about, in which case you may wish to go +2 sizes if your 'normal' size hugs your body tightly.
A Medic
What's your regular shirt size in the US?

If you wear a large in the US you should be ok with getting Large Shirt in Asian sizes. (Although it will feel like a Large extra slim in US Sizes)

Asian Large ~ Medium/Large slimfit US
Oinari-sama
osu t-shirts are listed with measurements, so just double check.
Jazz
You can just google this, it's not really that hard.
http://www.korea4expats.com/article-men's_clothing_size_conversion_chart.html