forum

Streams - HOW TO?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-N-
I consider myself a decent player, but I'm !$&*ing terrible at the harder streams like you see in [Hard] and [Insane] map's
What are some good maps to practice streams from? (Thinking [Normal] - [Hard] for starters?)
Mara
Are you using Z & X buttons?
Lesjuh
There are multiple ways to hit streams. You can use two mouse buttons, two keyboard buttons (z/x by default) or alternate between a click/tap and a keyboard button. Try all of these and find the technique that works best for you.
Good maps to practice streams are good ol' 'Justice to Believe' (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/2583) and 'Marisa' (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/243). Try them alot and you'll get the hang of them before you know it. Good luck!
Topic Starter
-N-
Ty, yes i was aware of z/x or left and right clicks, but the problem is my rythm i think, as well as the keys of my keyboard actuating at full press and not beginning.

Ty for maps to practise on Lesjuh
Fabi
Try using others hotkeys if you are using keyboard.You can also move your keyboard, mouse, tablet to another position from your desktop. Practice and practice!
Lunah_old
i use 1-2 of number pad and is great because is close with mouse/tablet
hinamizawan
Wow, I was about to begin a topic like this one, strange thing...

I use s+d, does z+x has a thing that I don't know? Also, in maps like CAMELLIA in Insane I can do better streaming by left click and x. I can't understand streams :cry:
Firo Prochainezo

Lunah wrote:

Are you left-handed?
Ekoro
I use Z and X. ( I can streams in just 200 BPM )
Natteke
2042 plays - IOSYS - Kanbu de Todomatte Sugu Tokeru ~ Kyouki no Udongein [Hard]
819 plays - IOSYS - Marisa wa Taihen na Kanbu de Tomatte Ikimashita [Love]
414 plays - IOSYS - Marisa wa Taihen na Mono wo Nusunde Ikimashita [Hard]

that's how I roll
Lunah_old

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

Lunah wrote:

Are you left-handed?
My main hand is right (with tablet) :3 and with left i press (1-2), i was so slow 1st time i tried to use left hand time ago, rofl ..
Zetta
What I do.

Is I begin tapping where the stream begins, find it tolerable, then after about 2 seconds, I start to get 100's, then 50's, then x's fail then ragequit.
Firo Prochainezo

Lunah wrote:

My main hand is right (with tablet) :3 and with left i press (1-2), i was so slow 1st time i tried to use left hand time ago, rofl ..
Wait... lol I got confused with the keypad.
ITsaka
mhm how to be good at streams.......?

A= with practice and time you get better

play hard songs with streams and use "No Fail" with the time your gonna notice that the streams get slower
thats where you see that your getting better...also use keys like " z + x or any other keys"

IF you dont use keyboard and only mouse then im sorry because i don t know anything about streams with mouse =/

:3 (correct me if im wrong on something)

And also depends on how good u control your mouse.....
because if you don t have control over your mouse then there is no use for you to be good at streams if you cant follow them
Sup A Noob
Follow the music and trust your left hand.
dNextGen
follow the beat and spamming Zxzxzx is always work i think
Ekaru
Develop a sense of rhythm by playing DDR or, say, Taiko. Here are some maps for Taiko mode:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=37523&p=540474#p540474

There's a topic on how to get better at Taiko if you suck but eh.

The only way to get good at handling 1/4 streams is to develop an awesome sense of rhythm. There are no shortcuts.

Or you can just mash z/x and hope for the best. I sometimes do that.