forum

Release Stream changed itself to "Stable Upgrading"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Osukaa
What does it mean :o!
It said my computer crashed because some executable file stopped working and when I restarted it and opened osu, I had to log in again, and all my songs were unplayed. Aannnd the most weird thing, the release stream was set on "Stable Upgrading" and I have never seen this ever.
TheVileOne
We're migrating people over to using our Net40 builds in preparation for an eventually full public release. Your songs showing as unplayed probably means that your osu.db corrupted (due to crashing?).
Topic Starter
Osukaa
Ah I see, so these two events are not tied together. What is the Net40 build though?
Howl

Osukaa wrote:

Ah I see, so these two events are not tied together. What is the Net40 build though?
osu! is in the process of switching from the .NET framework 3.5 to the .NET framework 4.0. Even though end users might not really notice a huge difference, it is a huge change in the codebase and development system of osu!. If you'd like to dig more into it, I'd like you to have a look at peppy's blog, where he posts (almost) daily updates about how's osu! behind the scenes going.
Topic Starter
Osukaa
Oh, thanks a lot for the info!