forum

daily challenge

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Saerdna
everyone will only get one chance to play a beatmap each day
and theres gonna be a leaderboard n stuff
yeah
7ambda

Saerdna wrote:

I seriously hope you don't mean it as "mandatory".
abraker
Uh what? Here is a daily challenge: Get a new top pp

k thx bai
Frim4503

Saerdna wrote:

what do you mean about that ?
abraker
I think he means one try only. To that I say gtfo.
Topic Starter
Saerdna

abraker wrote:

why do you say get the fuck out?

abraker wrote:

Uh what? Here is a daily challenge: Get a new top pp

k thx bai
i cant get top pp in a day, so why not have more challenges and fun along the way?

F1r3tar wrote:

Saerdna wrote:

I seriously hope you don't mean it as "mandatory".
no you dont have to play the daily song if you dont want to, you just have one chance to play it if you decide to

Frim4503 wrote:

Saerdna wrote:

what do you mean about that ?
xD oh that sounds like im saying you can only play one song a day, i mean you would only have one chance to get a score for the daily leaderboard on the song.
every day the song will change and everyone will have one chance at it
abraker

Saerdna wrote:

abraker wrote:

why do you say get the fuck out?
One try a day kinda defeats the purpose of things, and not something players would be terribly hyped for. What would be the point of these daily challanges? There won't even be enough players to in a day to make its worth. Usually it takes a week to get a good results spread on a chart, and you want it done in a day. We have monthly rankings, which I think is enough. Besides, unless you count unranked maps, if you were to do one map a day, you'd eventually run out of maps to put up. The standard gamemode might have a lot of maps, but others gamemodes have a map deficit (though mania is on its way of coming out of it).
Topic Starter
Saerdna
i cant embed 2 quotes within each other :(
to abraker:
one try doesnt defeat the purpose of anything!
it makes its own purpose to prove players skill in events such as MWC where one chance is all you get!
why wouldnt players be hyped? this is gonna be the hypest hype ever hyped! (i couldnt think of a rebuttal(doesnt mean there isnt one (someone find one for me (please)))
the point of these challenges is to have fun and have something to come back to and look forward to everyday, where you and your friends can fight each other in the leaderboards
idk how many people play everyday but this challenge could attract more frequent players
the results on top charts in the global leaderboard ranking or whatever its called are only to awe at. who cares about the results spread on a chart where only the top percentage of players ever scrape!
this leaderboard could be much more feasible of a goal to conquer. (but it must have lots of slots to fill with scores)
monthly rankings are way different but i forgot why so ill come up with something later (i need to learn what they are again)
these challenges could expose some cool unranked maps and help em get ranked, moreover it encourages folk to even check out the unranked maps
anyway thanks for replying and checking out this idea!
Kzl
like quest
Topic Starter
Saerdna
its for fun! not to evaluate the accuracy of players
and you could practice the song before you play it for the daily challenge
Bara-
Dear no
I like the fact about daily challenges, but just one attempt per day really sucks
What if one loses connection, or such
It'll be extremely inaccurate as most people can't FC a map EVERY time
Even The best players sometimes choke, making this quite an useless request

Also, don't double (triple of quadruple) post
Use the edit button