forum

Minor flag differences [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Gens
Yes, I'm that picky.

Looking at the country rankings, you can see some flags that don't look with the same "style" or format

The flags that look different quality are these:

Might have missed some, but these are more than enough to compare... there were also some countries without flags but that's another point. These also vary in size.
Where were these retrieved? Could it be possible to make them look the same as the others?
Derekku
Yeah, a lot of them are missing either the black border around the flag, the shine/glare on the flag, or both (or no flag at all).

EDIT: Not to mention when that 18x12 pixel image stretches on the actual ranking pages...

Yeah...
Krisom
No pretty looking flag for chile ;_;?
I was going to ask about that a long time ago, but Gens alredy did, so, if there's a feature reuqest somewhere in this topic asking for similar flags, I'd support it.
mm201
peppy
I'm not sure on the original source I used, but know I had to retrieve some from other sources as they were missing.

The famfam set has a lot of countries which look considerably worse than the current ones we are using (partly due to lower pixel count, and party just blur of some elements). Any other suggestions?
qlum
you could try this site http://www.photius.com/flags/alphabetic_list.html but I don't know if has all the flags
peppy
I do believe you missed the point.
sp1ky
These look pretty good
€50 for royalty free use though
RandomJibberish
You could fairly easily overlay all the bad looking ones with the border and shine, I made a quick image you can put over them which makes them look reasonably similar to the other ones.

peppy
Or you could for me ;).
sp1ky

Gens wrote:

sp1ky wrote:

flags.zip
(used RandomJibberish's overlay in a photoshop scale+layer action)
Topic Starter
Gens
Great. Those look good. Not exactly with the same shading but they look pretty similar.

Bump I guess...? I don't think it would be that hard to change them, though I don't want to bother much either.
peppy
You don't need to bump a thread I've already replied in ;).