forum

[resolved] Song continues from fail point when returning to menu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
catgds
I'm not sure if I should even be posting this here but I really don't know where else it would go.

Recently ( < a month?), I noticed that when I failed a song, upon returning to the song select menu, the song I had just failed would start playing at its' preview point, rather than at the point I had failed at. To some this may not be a big deal, but I really liked the idea of hearing where I left off, and was surprised to see this change, especially since (to my knowledge) it wasn't put into Cutting Edges' change logs. Is there a chance this could be reverted/fixed? :roll:
Lanturn
It acts like you want on stable, so just use that.

If it isn't the log, then there's a possibility it's a bug and should be reported in the cutting edge section here: t/259747
Trosk-

Changelog wrote:

Sep 6, Song Select: [peppy] Fix returning to song select not playing beatmap from preview point
So, no, it's not a bug. It's just that behaviour has changed.
peppy
I changed this behaviour slightly in the latest cutting edge releases. It now continues playback if you are in the middle of the song (but not if you are at the start or the end). Should feel more natural.