forum

Allow remap of volume control [minor]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Deathcrow_old
This is just a minor feature request:

Currently pressing down/up on the keyboard or using the mousewhee during gameplayl changes master volume.
This can be a problem when trying to use the down button for mouse click and/or taiko.

Request: Add possibility to map volume control to different buttons on keyboard.
Shohei Ohtani
Well then adjust it beforehand.

>:3~.
Derekku
I don't think I've ever heard of someone mapping their keys to the up/down arrows. :?

I'd say this most likely won't be added (especially since you're probably the only person with this issue), so can't you just map your keys to something else? :c
Zekira
I don't think I've ever heard of someone mapping their keys to the up/down arrows.
This.
Topic Starter
Deathcrow_old

CDFA wrote:

Well then adjust it beforehand.

>:3~.
I may have not been clear: When using down arrow as a mouse click the Volume control stays active -> Everytime you press it the volume is turned lower until you dont hear any sound at all.

A simple fix would be to give mouse click on keys priority/exclusivity over anything else.

To everyone who says: Then just don't use arrow keys for mouse click.
Yeah sure, thats what I do. I didn't say this was a big problem, that's why i wrote "minor". Still a "minor" annoyance is an annoyance ;) And it would be incredibly easy to fix.
peppy
Easy to 'fix', benefiting you and only you. I see no need for this.
Topic Starter
Deathcrow_old

peppy wrote:

Easy to 'fix', benefiting you and only you. I see no need for this.
The ability to customize key mappings is nothing new to osu!. Currently some can be changed and some can't, this is inconsistent. I am sure I am not the only one who would benefit from more customizability. Furthermore the possibility of 2 actions being able to be mapped to 1 key would be considered a bug in many applications.

But whatever, you're the boss.
peppy
You make points I can't argue with, so I'll change this behaviour.
Topic Starter
Deathcrow_old

peppy wrote:

You make points I can't argue with, so I'll change this behaviour.
Cool. Thanks peppy! :)

Keep it up.