forum

osu! in JavaScript & HTML5

posted
Total Posts
show more
TheCameleon
Autoresizing is the most awful bug as I can't fix it, because there are no reason for such a bug (I never call the resize function).
On firefox, the only fix I have, it you to do the following : Tools > Settings > Content (3rd tab) > Javascript > Advanced > uncheck "Allow scripts to move/resize windows" (given names may not be accurate as I translated them from French)

Edit : found where the bug is located. Still dont know why it resizes the window :/
TheCameleon
The AutoResize bug (on Firefox) seems to be fixed.
Is it the case for you ?

Fact : the bug was in the function that draws the current progress of the song (the circle at the top-right corner)
Galkan
It helped, but the game still lags. I mean, it runs smoothly first 15 seconds then it lags or completely freezes. Same in Opera.
TheCameleon
I think it's an issue with sliders (lag + freeze). I'm working on it, and it's still very buggy. Sometimes it freezes, and I know why, but it helps a lot for debugging purpose ;)
Hyguys

Galkan92 wrote:

It helped, but the game still lags. I mean, it runs smoothly first 15 seconds then it lags or completely freezes. Same in Opera.
^this
also , the skin is good , but try using numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 from default osu! skin , if you can
Guy-kun
Runs perfect on chrome <:
mm201
Rofl, I just got an idea: render the slider tracks serverside! :D
Cache each slider for each map, then serve them as pngs. Render them on the server using a better technology like OpenGL.
Lemon Water_old
I don't really likes this song <3
Ephemeral
everything bar the sliders works perfectly fine in chrome, but freezes after 10-12s in firefox and opera
rust45
After the first three hit circles it just stops working, the browser is running fine and if I refresh it starts again and keeps going until the same part where it froze.
TheCameleon
Hmmm.... I fixed the freeze.

I put another song ;) The song is better, but the beatmap is awful :/
Does anyone know a good music (ACDC, Rolling Stones,Beatles,...), that is nice to hear over 100times a day when debugging ? (the 20first seconds need to be VERY nice, as I almost only hear them)
RandomJibberish
adamskii_uk

TheCameleon wrote:

Hmmm.... I fixed the freeze.
No, you haven't. ;) Before I was able to click on a few hit circles before the game froze, but now it freezes on the very first hit circle, when playing the game in firefox.
TheCameleon

RandomJibberish wrote:

The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun

have fun
Thanks a lot :)
debugging will be funnier :)

About the freeze, it might be a cache issue. Try to re/load the page a few times (Shift+F5). On Chrome I had to clear the cache. All this since I changed the beatmap.
Galkan

Opera:

adamskii_uk wrote:

it freezes on the very first hit circle, when playing the game
Firefox: Freezing after 30 sec
IE: Still not loading (is it going to be working on?)

Also, on Opera I do not see the osu! cursor (as in FF) :F Why is it?
Guy-kun

Galkan92 wrote:

Opera:

adamskii_uk wrote:

IE: Still not loading (is it going to be working on?)
I.E. Always has the shittiest support for anything, mostly HTML5, don't get in the slightest excited, I doubt he'll get much working in IE
TheCameleon

Guy-kun wrote:

I.E. Always has the shittiest support for anything, mostly HTML5, don't get in the slightest excited, I doubt he'll get much working in IE
That's right ;)
But I read that IE9 has a good support of html5, so, if you really want to use IE, you need the beta of IE9 ;)
Guy-kun
Oh, I was talking about IE9 :l any previous versions have basically -no- HTML5 support, and ie9 is shit at best~
TheCameleon
:/
Can anyone paste here the content of IE9's error console ? (should be called sth like "(Developper) tools"). As I don't use Windows, I can't test by my own.
Those error messages are much more useful than saying "it doesn't work" ;)
Guy-kun
<:
Thank me later

>Looks like the audio player fails to load and breaks the script from continuing any further pretty much...

Lemon Water_old
I saw a slider smaller than the others ;)
TheCameleon

Guy-kun wrote:

<:
Thank me later

>Looks like the audio player fails to load and breaks the script from continuing any further pretty much...
69 C00D36C4
C00D36B4 Either the video codec or the audio codec is unsupported, or one of the streams in a video file is corrupted. This content may not be supported. For more information, visit the following Xbox website: www.xbox.com/support
From Microsoft's website. But this is said to affect *only* xbox :/
Guy-kun
>Microsoft
>Believing their help

I wouldn't bother too much with IE, you'll be very limited and get stuck constantly :l
Galkan
I might have been little unclear, but I was just only asking for supporting IE (as I don't think it's major, neither I use it), not that I want to play by it :3
TheCameleon

Galkan92 wrote:

I might have been little unclear, but I was just only asking for supporting IE (as I don't think it's major, neither I use it), not that I want to play by it :3
of course, but a wide support is (I think) useful ;) And as I read that IE9 supports well html5, it would be a good idea to support it as, it means it should be quite easy to do.
TheCameleon
A good check, would be to go there http://osu-web.tk/music.html with IE9, and tell me if it actually works (music playing AUTOMATICALLY) :) That would help a lot :)
TheCameleon
If you want to try sth "fun" go there http://osu-web.tk/length.html and click (at least twice) anywhere in the top left corner ;)
TheCameleon
Feels so better with that new beatmap :) (and music !)
TheCameleon
Btw it should no longer freeze ;)
The bug isn't solved however, but I just handle the bug...

Edit : the freeze is back, but because I made it so, for debugging purpose. I will re-"fix it asap ;)
(I recall you that it's still in "beta")
Derekku
There's an edit button, you know. You don't need to post five times in a row. :v
TheCameleon

Derekku wrote:

There's an edit button, you know. You don't need to post five times in a row. :v
;)

I think I found where the main bug is from !
Edit : numbers were actually saved as string (when parsing the osu file), and this caused issues when doing math stuff (returned things like "40-30" instead of 10 :/)
Guy-kun

Derekku wrote:

He must like post count.

[edit]Almost as much as me.
TheCameleon
From here, freezes and (basic) slider stuff seem to be fixed ;)
Please report if it's not the case for you ;)

Edit : next step > make sliders better (correct timing, ...)
bope
freeze seems fixed in chrome but firefox still has the freezes for me
Galkan

Opera: lagging as hell.
Firefox: Working - gained 30k points, lol
Guy-kun
w/e
anonymous_old

Guy-kun wrote:

Stop the stream of constant minor updates, which is almost twitter-bad

Shouldn't you get something to really show rather than posting every little thing you do here? Currently it's now worse, timing and all than it was a few days ago.
This isn't even beta, its alpha, its kinda annoying.

>Yes I know I've changed my mind from what I said before :T

I'd like to know actual progress/ versions rather than in effect 'builds', which I think you should keep to your personal blog

tl;dr ver:
SPOILER
Stop posting here so often
nou
TheCameleon
I'll consider installing Opera so as to see what's going on. You say it's laggy, however Opera is said to be a very good browser. I'll do my best to reduce lag ;)

If you have any request/idea for osu-web, just say it :) I'll do my best ;)
If you want to help the project by developing, just DM me (javascript knownledge required)
Guy-kun

strager wrote:

nou
I had good intentions ;-;
rust45
Things I noticed:

When you click on a circle early, it's number and approach circle dissapear, and it is still clickable for points.
The sliders don't work, I see the track, then a yellow circle going on the track backwards, it ends up and the beginning of the slider when you are meant to click on the sliders.
show more