forum

Portal 2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ph0X
let's make an official thread for it as the knews are gonna start coming along.

Here's some co-op gameplay from pax
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N503mycNuyk
Mashley
+hype
Bestelle
+hype indeed.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
longer version of the co-op trailer

Nharox
+Hype. It's a Valve game so no worries. But I hope the game will have more to offer (except coop) and will get some new content after release too.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Well, it's true that portal didn't get any dlc made by valve, but that was mainly because it was a small 10$ game to see if it would get popular.
Still, there was quite a lot of community maps and mods around it, some of which are almost at the same level of quality as the game itself. But then again, single player games don't have that much play value, even with loads of custom maps.

Portal 2 on the other hand, will most likely allow people to make custom co-op map, which will be amazing. Also, with a netcode in there, modders might even be able to squeeze even more people in there.
Mashley

Ph0X wrote:

Portal 2 on the other hand, will most likely allow people to make custom co-op map, which will be amazing. Also, with a netcode in there, modders might even be able to squeeze even more people in there.
Bets on how long it'll take before someone makes Portal: Deathmatch?
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Portal deathmatch wouldn't really be fun.

There's a mod for hl2:dm with portals that came out even before the release of portal, but still, as you can imagine, it's been suggested to valve million times, and they've clearly said that they tried it and it wasn't as fun as you imagine it would be. Which I can see why.

There's also a mod for tf2 now I think.
Loginer
The co-op trailer is available in high quality now.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-1 ... l-2/704260
NoHitter
Bump.

Pre-ordering on Steam gets you a 10% discount plus a copy of Portal.
roxlo100
Something tells me story-wise, GlaDOS will make them choose somebody to sacrifice,only to kill the surviving one,too.
Ephemeral
i dont expect this to live up to the original portal

i earnestly expect it to surpass it but at the same time i am wary because it would be exceptionally difficult to top something of that caliber fully
Wassaaaa
OMG, finally, this game it's finish!, will be available in april : DD!
Loginer

They'll be posting a new one every week until the game is out.
Mashley
SOMEONE BUY ME A NEW FUCKING COMPUTER
FUCK MY LIFE MAN
RandomJibberish
I wish I didn't have to steal my brother's computer for this
Nharox
I should finally preorder this.
Loginer
Bam.

Loginer
Another week, another bump.

Neo@lex
Loginer you should really be in on this ARG shit.
This stuff is so fucking deep.
awp

Neo@lex wrote:

the code they posted in the most recent video takes like 12 seconds to crack since it's just ascii codes

their initial Portal 2 leak codes were far more convoluted. These are just entertaining
Loginer
Neo@lex

awp wrote:

Neo@lex wrote:

the code they posted in the most recent video takes like 12 seconds to crack since it's just ascii codes

their initial Portal 2 leak codes were far more convoluted. These are just entertaining
Nope
SapphireGhost
i'm exCited to say thAt i've playtested portal 2 and got Killed a couple times. the Enrichment center is happy to tell you that
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tier3
Loginer
Aperture Science presents one last investment opportunity.

Mashley
*dies*
Remco32
You can pre-load Portal 2 since today.
Neo@lex
Looks like it'll be out tomorrow.
mm201
System requirements compared to Portal 1? I'd imagine they'd be similar but more vertices since stuff is broken down. Hopefully goo doesn't eat shaders any worse than Portal 1's acid.
Loginer

MetalMario201 wrote:

System requirements compared to Portal 1?
Portal 1:

[quote="http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/":70de9]1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8.1 level Graphics Card (Requires support for SSE), Windows® 7 (32/64-bit)/Vista/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet ConnectionPortal 2:

[quote="http://store.steampowered.com/app/620/":70de9]Processor: 3.0 GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 (or higher) or AMD64X2 (or higher)
Memory: 1GB XP / 2GB Vista
Hard Disk Space: At least 7.6 GB of Space
Video: Video card must be 128 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 2.0b (ATI Radeon X800 or higher / NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or higher / Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher).
Audio: DirectX 9.0c compatibleMinimum requirements are noticeably higher.
Neo@lex
Fucking Valve.
Loginer
Phew. I'm stuck waiting for the retail version, and at this rate, I won't have to worry about running into any spoilers.
mm201

Loginer wrote:

Minimum requirements are noticeably higher.
Still substantially below my 2006 rig's specs, not to mention the wiggle room you always have even when you're below spec.

I guess I should just get the potato sac bundle so I can play Mara and whoever in Killing Floor.
awp
I still haven't pre-ordered this. I might pre-order it the day of, like I did with the first Portal.
Loginer
Rantai
SPOILER
Your Aperture Science Cooperative Testing Type is:
Weighted Companion Cube

Stalwart and dependable, you're always willing to give a friend the shirt off your back, a shoulder to cry on, or a step up. Compatible cooperative test partners include shirtless people who can't stop crying while they use you as stairs.
Ivalset

Not even sure when I'll end up getting this.
Mara

Rantai wrote:

SPOILER
Weighted Companion Cube

Stalwart and dependable, you're always willing to give a friend the shirt off your back, a shoulder to cry on, or a step up. Compatible cooperative test partners include shirtless people who can't stop crying while they use you as stairs.
I got same.
adam2046
SPOILER
Wheatley

Funny, high-strung, a bit of a motor-mouth-these are the words people would use to describe you when they're not telling you to shut up. Your ideal cooperative test partners include people who won't mind you bumbling around breaking things while they do all the work.
Ah...
Yeah...
Xgor
SPOILER
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/download.php?id=54782
So yeah, got the same as Loginer, too bad my computer probably can't run this <.<
Keksi
Played Portal 2 1 hour ago on my xbox :D awesome game guys enjoy it
mm201
Tatsuo
Portal 2 just got released on steam! Alright!
Hijiri Tezuka
Obligatory:

Admit it, it would be an awesome game.
Neo@lex
Just finished single player.
Holy shitting assflies, that was awesome.
Tatsuo
Just finished Co-op campaign.
Geez, that was amazing and hilarious to play with a buddy.
Single player is next. It better be as awesome as you say Neo, lol.
Loginer
Jumping into the single player campaign now. May Gaben choke on a million hot dogs if it doesn't live up to the hype.
Remco32
So, what about the G-Man being visible on the Portal 2 countdown page? Whatever happened to that?
Am I the only one absolutely loving the graphics btw?
Topic Starter
Ph0X
I don't care what everyone says, it was fucking awesome.
The story was deep, the lines were hilarious like before, and the puzzles were super rewarding once you completed them. As for the graphics, shit looked better than crysis but ran super fucking smoothly.

The single player took me 6-7 hours, and I'm fairly good at portal and solving puzzles (although that's with listening to everything and doing some challenges/exploring.

Love it. Rather play 5 minutes of this than be given a free copy of any of those crappy generic fps games.
Neo@lex

Remco32 wrote:

So, what about the G-Man being visible on the Portal 2 countdown page? Whatever happened to that?
That was just a coincidence. You can make rusty panels look like anything.
show more