forum

Portal 2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ph0X
let's make an official thread for it as the knews are gonna start coming along.

Here's some co-op gameplay from pax
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N503mycNuyk
Mashley
+hype
Bestelle
+hype indeed.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
longer version of the co-op trailer

Nharox
+Hype. It's a Valve game so no worries. But I hope the game will have more to offer (except coop) and will get some new content after release too.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Well, it's true that portal didn't get any dlc made by valve, but that was mainly because it was a small 10$ game to see if it would get popular.
Still, there was quite a lot of community maps and mods around it, some of which are almost at the same level of quality as the game itself. But then again, single player games don't have that much play value, even with loads of custom maps.

Portal 2 on the other hand, will most likely allow people to make custom co-op map, which will be amazing. Also, with a netcode in there, modders might even be able to squeeze even more people in there.
Mashley

Ph0X wrote:

Portal 2 on the other hand, will most likely allow people to make custom co-op map, which will be amazing. Also, with a netcode in there, modders might even be able to squeeze even more people in there.
Bets on how long it'll take before someone makes Portal: Deathmatch?
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Portal deathmatch wouldn't really be fun.

There's a mod for hl2:dm with portals that came out even before the release of portal, but still, as you can imagine, it's been suggested to valve million times, and they've clearly said that they tried it and it wasn't as fun as you imagine it would be. Which I can see why.

There's also a mod for tf2 now I think.
Loginer
The co-op trailer is available in high quality now.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-1 ... l-2/704260
NoHitter
Bump.

Pre-ordering on Steam gets you a 10% discount plus a copy of Portal.
roxlo100
Something tells me story-wise, GlaDOS will make them choose somebody to sacrifice,only to kill the surviving one,too.
Ephemeral
i dont expect this to live up to the original portal

i earnestly expect it to surpass it but at the same time i am wary because it would be exceptionally difficult to top something of that caliber fully
Wassaaaa
OMG, finally, this game it's finish!, will be available in april : DD!
Loginer

They'll be posting a new one every week until the game is out.
Mashley
SOMEONE BUY ME A NEW FUCKING COMPUTER
FUCK MY LIFE MAN
RandomJibberish
I wish I didn't have to steal my brother's computer for this
Nharox
I should finally preorder this.
Loginer
Bam.

Loginer
Another week, another bump.

Neo@lex
Loginer you should really be in on this ARG shit.
This stuff is so fucking deep.
show more