forum

Can Somebody Help Me With The PP System

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dominate_Me
Tbh I didnt know waht pp was when I got to 350 pp or somthing .. Then what I learned was you get them from the maps you play and the more diffucult the more pp ...
I just dont get 1 thing...
lets say I weighted 12 pp doesnt it add exactly to my pp ? cause I had 611 pp and I played a map that weighted 12 pp but my score increased to 613 ? I thought that ıt would go up to 623 ... I just want to learn that doesnt it add exactly ?? (the map I played was never played before from me .. so it was a new map)
I read this page too but still didnt get it ??
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points
Vuelo Eluko
you didnt get exactly that much because all your other scores became worth a bit less
Topic Starter
Dominate_Me
Could you explain this a bit more in depth...does my other scores become more worthless?
Vuelo Eluko

Dominate_Me wrote:

worthless
adjective
adjective: worthless

having no real value or use.

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

worth a bit less
noun
noun: worth

the value equivalent to that of someone or something under consideration; the level at which someone or something deserves to be valued or rated.

determiner
determiner: a; determiner: an

used when referring to someone or something for the first time in a text or conversation.

noun
noun: bit; plural noun: bit

a small piece, part, or quantity of something.

pronoun
determiner: less; pronoun: less

a smaller amount of; not as much.
Topic Starter
Dominate_Me
:) soory I dont have a good english
Im saying that when I play a beatmap dont I get the exact amount of pp that it gives?
eg:
I have 300 pp and I weighted 24 ... Isnt it 300 + 24 ?
thanks for the help
Vuelo Eluko
you didnt get exactly that much because all your other scores below that one became worth a bit less; a lower % of them is weighted after you achieve a score that goes above them.
Mahogany
You only gain 100% pp from your top play

Every play under that contributes less PP towards your total.

If I got a 200pp score I'd probably only gain about 10 net PP because I have several scores higher than 200pp and it would push other scores off my list and it would be such that I'd earn only 10 because I'm only earning a percentage.
Spirit_Dreamer
simple example:
lets say only the first 3 are weighted. Its actually all of them, but around 100th its going to less than 1% weight.For the objective of simplification lets use just the first 3 (and 4th and next give almost nothing)
1. 100pp x 100% = 100
2. 90pp x 95% = 85.5
3. 80pp x 90% = 72
overall = 100+85.5+72=257.5

And now if you get score of 110pp the result will be:
1. 110pp x 100% = 100
2. 100pp x 95% = 95
3. 90pp x 90% = 81
overall = 100+95+81=276

As you can see now 100pp one give 95 instead of 100, the 90pp one give 81 instead of 85.5 and so on...
So the reason you don't get the full points from the new weighted score its because ALL of the scores after it, now are weighted for less than before.
I Give Up

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

you didnt get exactly that much because all your other scores below that one became worth a bit less; a lower % of them is weighted after you achieve a score that goes above them.
How did you do the colour gradient? surely you didn't do it manually ._.
E m i

KukiMonster wrote:

How did you do the colour gradient? surely you didn't do it manually ._.

lol
Infevo
wot wicked sorcery is that?
meteor22
hope you used a script or you have way too much time on your hands....