forum

Account for one person, another account for the other

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ongaku
Before you read this post, I am a person who knows not much about IP addresses, or anything about the web system. I am merely trying to get some answers. What ever I say here is based on my knowledge about the system, means I don't mean to harm anyone, or anything.

Lets begin, shall we.

You can create an account for yourself, and create one for a friend or family. The issue is, they come from the same IP address, likely to be suspected as a "multi-account."

Now, lets say that you let someone play osu! OFFLINE for a while, meaning not on your account, just on your computer. They don't know your password, or email, what so ever. You suddenly get banned for whatever reason, and now you no longer play. Since you no longer play, that person wants to create an account so you don't have to get rid of osu! You HELP them create one and start off. They play for a while, beating songs above what a complete newbie couldn't have, because the person has been playing offline. That is where the team starts suspecting the account is a "multi-account," since it was made on the same address.

They try to appeal the restriction, but don't have any proof at all, so it is going to be mostly one sided, which makes it very difficult for that one person. You don't know the password, the email, nothing. But still cannot appeal the restriction

What I want to know is how we can avoid that issue. How can we let friends or family play when you no longer are able to play on the same computer? There are people who have this kind of case and are not happy about it.

There will be some answers like "why not just use another computer?" Some people can't afford one.

Please do be polite and respectful with your answers. I don't want any half-assed answers like "Well, your fault for getting banned" or "Too bad, you got yourself banned, now they can't play." We're all different people, not the same. We should be respected differently, good or bad. Just because someone got on the same computer, doesn't mean it'll be the same person
MillhioreF
What you are describing is an incredibly specific hypothetical scenario that I doubt has ever legitimately occurred. Banned users lose all their right to play online, and allowing someone else to create and use an account on their computer is asking for trouble in the first place.

accounts@ppy.sh for all inquiries like this. There's no point in public discussion, and any users who actually fall into your scenario (if there even are any and they're not just lying through their teeth) will get individual judgements.