forum

Pokemon Go

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Athrun

So, Nintendo has finally announced something one step closer to pokemon in real life. This apparently looks like the google prank, only this is coming out early 2016 and is also displayed in the official pokemon website. Share some comments! The pokeball chip can be used like a pokeball to catch pokemon!
FormerLurker
Interesting idea. As mentioned by OP, the idea of this is functionally similar to that of the April Fools' event. I'm looking forward to this, actually. Anything towards bringing otherwise 2D characters(waifuuuuuuuuuu)into the 3D world we live in interests me. My only hope is that they don't cheese the heck out of it through IAP.
Topic Starter
Athrun
Im not sure about others, but I'm hyped!! I can finally train my own team in the real world :D
blissfulyoshi
Besides the trailer being really well made, I was interested in the fact that the game was being made by Niantic , who is famous for the location based hacking game Ingress. They aren't well known to use the Gacha system, so I wonder what type of profit model they plan to use.
Jazz
Me and my friends are so hyped for this. Although I'm afraid the teaser will make the actual game underwhelming.
NaomiMinette
Just a reminder that we already have a Pokémon thread, but anyway...

I guess it's about time I get a smartphone...
Renevant
Im excited, it looks promising considering its made by the people who created Ingress.
La Volpe
Looks promising, that Mewtwo battle was pretty sick felt like it was a raid boss battle. I wonder if the Pokemons you can find will depend on where you live.

Edit: Watched the video again and the Mewtwo part was in fact a raid lol. @1:51
Stefan
Like I previously said in a skype conversation:

Stefan wrote:

I am going to buy it anyways to have one more thing to worry about my pokemon not getting lost. :D
Crimmi
I would laugh if I have to go underwater with my smartphone to find certain pokemon, that'll be just cruel ;_;
Trash Boat
I hope its NOT paid, this may revive my interest in Pokemon one more time
Crimmi

Trash Boat wrote:

I hope its NOT paid, this may revive my interest in Pokemon one more time
It's free to play, probably the transactions are for extra potions and pokeballs.
Green Platinum
IRL pokemon nuzlocke
NaomiMinette

Green Platinum wrote:

IRL pokemon nuzlocke
Needs more Amie. THAT should make things more sentimental.

...I wanna pet an Eevee now...
Topic Starter
Athrun

Green Platinum wrote:

IRL pokemon nuzlocke
Oh yes >:D
California
I can't wait to be a Pokemon Master
Nameless
I can't wait to be a Micro-transaction Master.