forum

EZ Mod Discussion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rilene
Well, since EZ mod players are pretty rare, does anyone here who plays EZ mod?

How do you overcome an jumps w/overlaps?
Or how did you start playing EZ mod?
E m i
There are not many EZ mod players, but there are people who play EZ mod sometimes to practice, including me :^)
so i'll post anyways, you should be able to overcome overlaps decently fast by playing more, the end.

First with good approximations, workarounds and guesses that very often allow you to hit the pattern not necessarily knowing what the fuck just happened
Then you actually learn to notice the very minor differences between approach circles, read the overlapping numbers, quickly take the combo colors into account, etc. to be able to consistently read such patterns.

EZ on 120-140bpm ar8 maps, the ones you would farm with dt,
:^)
should result in a density that is not as high as your average higher level nomod map capable of giving pp. so I recommend doing that if you find yourself getting sub 70% acc on everything you try EZ mod on. maybe
Bara-
I like EZ on 5-7* maps
Even Gangsta DT EZ is quite possible
If you can read it, it is really easy, but learning ar 4.5 at a 6* map is quite hard
Topic Starter
Rilene

Momiji wrote:

There are not many EZ mod players, but there are people who play EZ mod sometimes to practice, including me :^)
so i'll post anyways, you should be able to overcome overlaps decently fast by playing more, the end.

First with good approximations, workarounds and guesses that very often allow you to hit the pattern not necessarily knowing what the fuck just happened
Then you actually learn to notice the very minor differences between approach circles, read the overlapping numbers, quickly take the combo colors into account, etc. to be able to consistently read such patterns.

EZ on 120-140bpm ar8 maps, the ones you would farm with dt,
:^)
should result in a density that is not as high as your average higher level nomod map capable of giving pp. so I recommend doing that if you find yourself getting sub 70% acc on everything you try EZ mod on. maybe
Well, I'm not sure what to write but I agree with this.
I mainly achieve 70-80% on 5-6* maps (used HT on 6-7*), for some reason, I perform jumps and aim better than streams and stamina. =/

Baraatje123 wrote:

I like EZ on 5-7* maps
Even Gangsta DT EZ is quite possible
If you can read it, it is really easy, but learning ar 4.5 at a 6* map is quite hard
Me too :D , but only with HT though (like on furioso melodia).
I sometime EZHTHD on Ice Angel and managed to survived until the last chorus, got only like ~200 max combo though when compared to EZHT which is ~1500 max combo. =<

And I guess DTEZ on gangsta is possible, if rrtyui can read slow AR while using DT...
Endaris
I play a bit EZ but not too much.
Suffices to beat up some 2k players with unbalanced skillsets though :)
And yeah, as mentioned, low-bpm is cool to start with.
Prerequisites are a skin with at least 3 distinctive combo colors and good numbers.
It's best to focus out each circle cause otherwise the low AR will screw you and you'll tap too early all the time. Getting out of rhythm really sucks in EZ.
I played some Koigokoro to get used to basic jump overlaps.
Topic Starter
Rilene

Endaris wrote:

I play a bit EZ but not too much.
Suffices to beat up some 2k players with unbalanced skillsets though :)
And yeah, as mentioned, low-bpm is cool to start with.
Prerequisites are a skin with at least 3 distinctive combo colors and good numbers.
It's best to focus out each circle cause otherwise the low AR will screw you and you'll tap too early all the time. Getting out of rhythm really sucks in EZ.
I played some Koigokoro to get used to basic jump overlaps.
Hm... Yeah, I agree, that's what I usually do when playing EZ, focusing each circles out but it still, EZ tends to be hard on 240+ bpm 1/2 jumps.

Just sharing my EZHT replay here.
I tend to do bad on 1/3 jumps there.
Fateburn
I play with EZDT or EZ sometimes, I also EZ on TAG4 maps and some other maps that I consider too jumpy or just too hard with no mod
And tbh, it's really fun.

I still think that the easiest way to deal with reading problems is to memorize the part you have problem with, even though it only makes you able to read on one specific map, but after you try EZ for a long time, you should be able to read better.
Vuelo Eluko
ez dt if at all

It's a niche mod that improves niche portions of reading, but those portions of reading can translate very well into higher ar maps
Bara-
Forgot to say this
Irre's Extra
Endaris

Baraatje123 wrote:

Forgot to say this
Irre's Extra
I thought you were supposed to HDHR these :D
Risa

Endaris wrote:

Baraatje123 wrote:

Forgot to say this
Irre's Extra
I thought you were supposed to HDHR these :D
HDHR for fun
EZ DT for swag
blahpy

Sirade wrote:

You'll have to play it a lot to get any good at it. Start with maps you've already played a lot to get used to it more easily. Make sure your skin has numbers as they will help a lot. Colours can also help with reading in some situations but aren't really required.
Endaris

blahpy wrote:

Sirade wrote:

You'll have to play it a lot to get any good at it. Start with maps you've already played a lot to get used to it more easily. Make sure your skin has numbers as they will help a lot. Colours can also help with reading in some situations but aren't really required.
What
Monocolor EZ is a pain on dense maps.
Topic Starter
Rilene

blahpy wrote:

Sirade wrote:

Colors aren't really used on maps like Ice Angel, or majority of streamy maps without jumps.

But when it comes to jumpy maps, like Highscore and furioso melodia where there are NC every beat, more NC colors should help more.

Baraatje123 wrote:

Forgot to say this
Irre's Extra
Hell, yes.
Everytime.

Fateburn wrote:

I play with EZDT or EZ sometimes, I also EZ on TAG4 maps and some other maps that I consider too jumpy or just too hard with no mod
And tbh, it's really fun.

I still think that the easiest way to deal with reading problems is to memorize the part you have problem with, even though it only makes you able to read on one specific map, but after you try EZ for a long time, you should be able to read better.
That is what I usually do before playing EZ. :D
I only memorize on overlaps though.

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

ez dt if at all

It's a niche mod that improves niche portions of reading, but those portions of reading can translate very well into higher ar maps
I tried this, it is lot easier to read but it makes the map really hard for me to play, lol.
blahpy

Endaris wrote:

What
It doesn't really make a huge difference unless there are a lot of new combos

Source: can't be bothered to change to a skin with colours most times that I play EZ, doesn't make a difference on most maps, does on some though so I would recommend it
Topic Starter
Rilene

blahpy wrote:

Endaris wrote:

What
It doesn't really make a huge difference unless there are a lot of new combos

Source: can't be bothered to change to a skin with colours most times that I play EZ, doesn't make a difference on most maps, does on some though so I would recommend it
EZ is somehow bit hard to read on NC spam (monocolors) & jump scatters, not TAG4s since the jumps are somehow arranged.
Endaris
I find multiple colors especially useful if I lose track within a bigger pattern.
I can just look out for the next color and continue playing which is very hard with monocolor.
If you're a true pro at EZ you probably don't need it though as you'll never lose track of what's happening,
lmpIicates

Sirade wrote:

you really do have a problem if you use easy mod, there is a reason why we have star diff
Topic Starter
Rilene

lmpIicates wrote:

Sirade wrote:

you really do have a problem if you use easy mod, there is a reason why we have star diff
That's not my point of creating this discussion.

Also, I can also play no-mod too.

Endaris wrote:

I find multiple colors especially useful if I lose track within a bigger pattern.
I can just look out for the next color and continue playing which is very hard with monocolor.
If you're a true pro at EZ you probably don't need it though as you'll never lose track of what's happening,
Hm, about the bigger patterns like jumps before 2nd chorus in furioso melodia, right?

And I tend to lose tracks when playing EZ (usually on random overlaps on jumps), or EZHD in ~120 BPM stream maps.
I Give Up

lmpIicates wrote:

you really do have a problem if you use easy mod
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Risa
Topic Starter
Rilene

Reset- wrote:

He's already one of the EZ master players.
-Makishima S-

lmpIicates wrote:

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy lmao ahahaha :D
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

@On topic:

Tryed EZ myself, even with Millhiore skin, my reading is damn awfull.
It looks like fun but honestly, i am worried if it doesnt screw nomod reading at high AR.

Reset- wrote:

What the actual.... Oo
-sev

[Taiga] wrote:

It looks like fun but honestly, i am worried if it doesnt screw nomod reading at high AR.
???
E m i

Kaienyuu wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

???
???
-Makishima S-
????

I am just asking
Endaris
It doesn't.
The only bad habit EZ can give you is shit-acc and that only if you start really early and don't care about acc.
E m i

Endaris wrote:

It doesn't.
The only bad habit EZ can give you is shit-acc and that only if you start really early and don't care about acc.
that's not a bad habit
Endaris
Right, that's just shitacc, but you can get 300s on notes where you wouldve got a 50 at really high OD so it can be kind of misleading.
Just staying aware of it is enough to prevent it xD
Topic Starter
Rilene

Momiji wrote:

Endaris wrote:

It doesn't.
that's not a bad habit
Technically it is, but can be easily preventable like what Endaris said. c;

However, I "guess" playing EZ too much would decrease player's accuracy, like if they got used to low OD but not high OD.
Mercurial
As a CTB player, EZ is quite dumb and hard to play, even harder than Hardrock.
-Makishima S-
In my opinion reading low AR and extremly high note density require immense amount of skill to be efficient and good at.
Maybe even higer than HR since bigger note density makes map harder to read and without reading you cannot play it properly.
Endaris

Mercurial wrote:

But in CTB EZ actually works cause you don't have stuff like overlaps ruining your gameplay...

Sirade wrote:

However, I "guess" playing EZ too much would decrease player's accuracy, like if they got used to low OD but not high OD.
I don't think so as being off for a longer amount of time will usually lead to you losing track of what you're doing.
Topic Starter
Rilene

Mercurial wrote:

But in high CS, EZ is very useful.

Endaris wrote:

Mercurial wrote:

But in CTB EZ actually works cause you don't have stuff like overlaps ruining your gameplay...

Sirade wrote:

I don't think so as being off for a longer amount of time will usually lead to you losing track of what you're doing.
Oh.

Edit

http://puu.sh/k9wTt/0b0b329f83.osr

Just my EZHDHT replay with 515 max combo, it was hard to survive with HD. =l