forum

Choosing the mouse for Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Freakyyy
Hey! I recently decided to swap my old broken no name mouse for some higher quality stuff. I was looking around for pretty much few hours and i'm confused. I've got 2 mouses.

First is Razer Deathadder Infrared 3500dpi one. ( Couldn't find any 2013 deathadder edition in my country that i can buy. )
Second one is Steelseries Kana V2.

Which one do you guys think that i should pick mostly for playing Osu? Or maybe you have another suggestion?

Thanks for any help! (:
uzzi
Logitech g402/502, or if you can find one, g400s.
Mahogany
I hear bad things about Razer products
Topic Starter
Freakyyy

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

I'm kinda bad at using mouses like g402 or 502. They just feel huge for me.
uzzi

Mahogany wrote:

It isn't that they're bad (well aside from their keyboards), they're a tad overpriced. It's the hivemind telling you that all of Razer's stuff is bad.

Freakyyy wrote:

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

I'm kinda bad at using mouses like g402 or 502. They just feel huge for me.
How about the Zowie FK?
Topic Starter
Freakyyy
Not sure about that one as my friend told me it's not really good. How about that Kana V2 tho? Any advantages or disadvantages?
7ambda

Mahogany wrote:

They're not bad products. It's just that they're heavier to move around, compared to other brands like Logitech.
timemon
Logitech g402 bby (because I couldnt afford g502)
uberpancake
The kana v2 has a bad sensor I'm pretty sure. I'd pick the deathazder out of those two.

Except for the other mice people have been mentioning there's also the steelseries rival. It's really good.
Topic Starter
Freakyyy
My knowledge about keyboards and mouses may be bad but as i heard 3090 sensor of Kana v2 is really great.
I Give Up
SS kana v2 is better choice of the two. Only light weight razer mouse I recommend is razer abyssus. Zowie fk isnt so bad cptnxn and amai use it. G402 is sluggish for a fingertip user like me but can still go pretty far with it and I prefer g402 over the g400. I havent tried g302 but that is probably the best lightweight logitech mouse and I will pick one up soon.
NixXSkate
I don't know about the regular DeathAdder 3.5G, but I highly recommend the 3.5G black version. People often complain about the quality of Razer products, but of all the mice I've used, the DeathAdder 3.5G black was the toughest. I'm pretty sure the sensor doesn't even have smoothing, too, which is an added bonus over the Kana (however 98% of people wouldn't notice it). I only have 3 complaints about it: the native DPI is 900/1800 instead of 800/1600, Razer Synapse is kinda cheesy and you probably shouldn't keep it running in the background, and the mouse is a big too big for my hands and taste. It unfortunately doesn't have DPI on the fly either, but most people don't really need it. (You can set it to a button with Synapse, but it will cause the mouse to stop tracking for 1 second) Some people also may not like that it's heavier, I personally don't care about weight. Despite it being big, I would consider it one of the best mice I've used (and I've used a lot).

I have never used the Kana v2 personally since they were kinda rare when I tried to buy it for some reason, but the Kana v2 does have a similar sensor just with a bit of smoothing so it can go up to 4000 dpi. I have used the Sensei (raw) a long time ago, and there's likely to be similarities with everything excluding the sensor, so I can judge based on that. The shape fits nicely in most hands despite it being ambidextrous since it has a normal size and simple shape, but Steelseries is kind of similar to Razer in a sense that some of their mice aren't very strong and it also has very cheesy software that you shouldn't keep running (some actually not recommend ever installing the Steelseries software and just install this firmware). If you were going to get this one, definitely try to get the matte black one. Clicking on the Kana v2 would have a nicer feel than the DeathAdder(s), because the DA buttons are pretty soft, but at the same time, it makes the buttons on the DA have more life, since they aren't putting so much pressure straight on the switches. The Steelseries mice in general are probably more likely to start doubleclicking or being too easy to click after being worn out or abused, but would probably have a pretty good lifespan with normal use, but I can't say for sure.

Overall comparison tl;dr:
DA3.5G(black) is likely to be stronger than the Kana v2
Kana v2 is lighter than the DA3.5G(black)
DA3.5G(black) has a slightly better sensor than the Kana v2
Kana v2 has a better click feel (in exchange for it's lifespan)
DA3.5G(black) lacks DPI on the fly
Both have shitty software
If you don't mind the size of the DeathAdder 3.5G Black, I would recommend it over the Kana v2.
uberpancake

Freakyyy wrote:

My knowledge about keyboards and mouses may be bad but as i heard 3090 sensor of Kana v2 is really great.
Ohvyeah I was wrong about that. Nevermind. I'd choose DA because of the grip, but if you don't like palm mice I guess the kana could work well
Noobsicle
deathadder feels fatter and bulkier than g402 imo. idk about kana v2 but the g402's build quality is great and it's very sweat resistant, although the m1+m2 buttons feel loose especially after you let go of mouse clicks

if you can find mice on display in a computer store, try them out before deciding. i'd recommend the g402 becus my sensei has one
Topic Starter
Freakyyy
Well. There's no black edition of deathadder in my country, so i guess i will just stick with kana v2. Gonna give it a try. Thanks for all the help guys :)
Rio-
Well... I use Kana V2 right now and so far I'm satisfied with it. Only bad thing i know about Kana V2 is that it has a High LOD that sometimes affect your plays while playing FPS, but imo it doesn't really matters for osu. And the side buttons kinda feel frustating for me though, but if you find a good grip for it you'll get over it sooner or later...
ZenithPhantasm
There is only one good Razer mouse: Deathadder Black Edition every other mouse is shit except for maybe Krait 2013
I would choose the Kana V2 over the Deathadder because of better shape and weight.
ZenithPhantasm

Rio- wrote:

Well... I use Kana V2 right now and so far I'm satisfied with it. Only bad thing i know about Kana V2 is that it has a High LOD that sometimes affect your plays while playing FPS, but imo it doesn't really matters for osu. And the side buttons kinda feel frustating for me though, but if you find a good grip for it you'll get over it sooner or later...
Try using tape fix
KanoSet
not every razer mouse is a bad mouse.. mine still working
ZenithPhantasm

KanoSet wrote:

Theyre all bad in their own special retarded way. If I had to rate them it would be: Black Edition>3.5G>3G>2013>Chroma
Volcanism

Freakyyy wrote:

Or maybe you have another suggestion?
I personally play with the Ninox Aurora and I find it to be the perfect mouse for me.
It's light, comfortable to grip for most hands (my hands are huge but I can still grip it fine) and ambidextrous.
Check it out, it's a pretty good mouse.
ZenithPhantasm

Volcanism wrote:

Freakyyy wrote:

Or maybe you have another suggestion?
I personally play with the Ninox Aurora and I find it to be the perfect mouse for me.
It's light, comfortable to grip for most hands (my hands are huge but I can still grip it fine) and ambidextrous.
Check it out, it's a pretty good mouse.
Built quality issues. Gtfo.
I Give Up

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

KanoSet wrote:

Theyre all bad in their own special retarded way. If I had to rate them it would be: Black Edition>3.5G>3G>2013>Chroma
Doomsday uses abyssus :lol:
ZenithPhantasm
That mouse is decent but the Krait 2013 is superior in all aspects at a lower cost.
NixXSkate

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

That mouse is decent but the Krait 2013 is superior in all aspects
Except size
Also I'm pretty sure the low control speed is fixed
KanoSet

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

dat sexy blue light of the chroma is all what i need
ZenithPhantasm

NixXSkate wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

That mouse is decent but the Krait 2013 is superior in all aspects
Except size
Also I'm pretty sure the low control speed is fixed
Krait is smaller than Abyssus
NixXSkate

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

Except size