forum

Scores that don't make Top Ranks/Get replaced

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bungie2117
As the title says. How do scores that aren't good enough to make it into your Top Rank tab factor into your ranking? I noticed every new map you play will usually boost your rank by a small tad. I'm talking somewhere between +3-+20ish for an average score where you broke the combo once or a couple times. I know pp is weighted according to a formula so I guess these not so good scores are weighted a small fraction of 1%?
Yolshka
It's the same but they are irrelevant.
Bara-
Probably like 0.01% or even less
Bauxe
chainpullz

Bauxe wrote:

This. I get about .07pp everytime I play a ranked map for the first time regardless of performance. So if I go out and play ~15 new maps every day I'd get 1pp per day but in a month that would be 450 different maps I'd have to find and play for a measly 30pp. In otherwords, not farmable but a nice bonus for sightreading different maps.
Topic Starter
Bungie2117
Thanks, that was a great answer.
I see the bonus pp is most relevant at the very start but drops off the more you play. Guess it all comes down to getting great plays in Top Ranks.
Endaris
Scores outside of topplays may count. By adding up the weighted pp of hvick225(so we have some rounding error) you'll get to 10424pp if including the ~410 bonus-pp(can't see his B/C/D) which is already a whopping 27 less than his actual pp. Considering that his lowest score gives him 2pp i'd expect like 5 more scores worth 2pp and maybe 10 around 1pp which would add up to his actual pp.
I think the calculation cuts off at some point tho, probably when a play contributes less than 0.01pp.
Yuudachi-kun

chainpullz wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

This. I get about .07pp everytime I play a ranked map for the first time regardless of performance. So if I go out and play ~15 new maps every day I'd get 1pp per day but in a month that would be 450 different maps I'd have to find and play for a measly 30pp. In otherwords, not farmable but a nice bonus for sightreading different maps.
Let me tell you about DTNF on an 800x600 osu window.
Arctic

Khelly wrote:

Let me tell you about DTNF on an 800x600 osu window.
What is?
ZenithPhantasm

Bauxe wrote:

Play more=pp confirmed
Bauxe

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Play more=pp confirmed

ur cute
ZenithPhantasm
C;