forum

My skin broke when using on another computer :c

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tappu
Hi!

First off, im not very experienced with skins so I'm sorry if there is something obvious that I'm missing.

I've encountered a problem while trying out my skin on my school laptop.
I converted my skin to .osk and ran it on my laptop but i can't get it too look the same as my home computer.

This is what it looks like at home:

And this is what it looks like when i try it on my school laptop:

As you can see the hitcircles are thicker and white, and the same thing happens with my spinner.
I thought it was the skin.ini but i copied the skin exactly as it was.

One thing i should mention is that the resolution on my school laptop is 1366x768 instead of my usual 1920x1080.

Any Help Appriceated! :)
irrlux
Hey Korvspad!

I can only make a guess (it's based on the different resolutions): apparently, osu! does not use the hd-images of your skin.

To solve the problem, you can rescale the hd-elements (those with a "@2x"-suffix), or edit a config file to force the usage of hd elements.

In case you want to force osu, the file you need to edit is called "osu!.%yourWindowsUsername%.cfg" (placed in the osu!-folder).
Search for the row "HighResolution = 0" and change it to "HighResolution = 1". You may restart osu! afterwards.

Cheers!
Topic Starter
Tappu

irrlux wrote:

Hey Korvspad!

I can only make a guess (it's based on the different resolutions): apparently, osu! does not use the hd-images of your skin.

To solve the problem, you can rescale the hd-elements (those with a "@2x"-suffix), or edit a config file to force the usage of hd elements.

In case you want to force osu, the file you need to edit is called "osu!.%yourWindowsUsername%.cfg" (placed in the osu!-folder).
Search for the row "HighResolution = 0" and change it to "HighResolution = 1". You may restart osu! afterwards.

Cheers!
That was the problem! Thank you for the assistance :D