forum

[Nominator New Rule] Do not qualify a beatmap after a mod

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Natsu
Well, lately I did see a lot of cases where a map get insta qualify after it did receive heavily modding, even with timing/offset changes.

Some examples:

p/4384251
p/4424862
p/4417587

Why I do propose this rule:

1. Nominator that did bubble the map probably do not agree with the changes made by the next modder/nominator.
  2. Nominator that did bubble the map can get a disqualify, cause of the changes made by the next moddder/nominator.
  3. Mainly because that every update can cause mistakes.
  4. A bubble means that the map is ready and don't need anything else.
I did this post, because I see this happen more and more often this days and to avoid future disqualify, I think is a nice idea (I did see a similar discussion before at #nominators as well)

Anyways let's discuss about this
Bara-
Wait
I thought it was supposed that after a non-participating BN mods, the BN need to rebub
It indeed should be, that when the map gets updated by a mod from a non-participating-BN person, the Bubbler(s) need to rebub

Edit: Better rename thread to
After a "non-iconing" mod, participating BN should rebubble it

Also, shouldn't this be posted in Beatmap Management?
Sonnyc
Damn What has happened at the case 3 D:

Rebubbling the map after a mod instead directly giving a heart/flame was something like an unwritten rule at the past, but since such situations are happening, setting as a written rule will make things sure.

One issue to think about this rule; should 'minor changes' that have been made after a bubble get considered as a rebubble condition? and until where should those minor changes should be defined? Personally I think this rule should be stricter than the previous unwritten rule. To state again, a map should be qualified only when the beatmap has a bubbled icon. As situations Natsu has provided, current qualifies are happening while the map is having a bubble-pop icon. To assure that the finalized beatmap heading to the qualified section has truely acquired 2 nomination from BNs, the proposal of Natsu has a nice point.

There is another view point related to this topic, which is the daily qualification cap that is normally in short. Making the qualification procedure itself less sloppy will be one of the method to solve the shortage. Since the beatmap ranking process has been way simplified than a year ago even causing a qualify inflation, this much change wouldn't gain high complains from users.
Cherry Blossom
Could be a nice idea. But, it will slowdown the map's ranking process if you call back the previous BN for the xxxth time...

Edit :

Sonnyc wrote:

Damn What has happened at the case 3 D:
Just a mod i promised to the mapper, I didn't know the map was already bubbled and i told him that i won't push it forward.
Nothing special like a bubble pop etc. Just a simple mod as a modder and player.
Sonnyc

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Could be a nice idea. But, it will slowdown the map's ranking process if you call back the previous BN for the xxxth time...
It maybe a loss in efficiency, but the current process is too efficient only to hit the daily qualify cap.
Efficiency is enough. A process that is something more thorough is needed in this situation.
Topic Starter
Natsu
Also the delay for a rebubble can be 1 or 2 days as much, and this can help with the cap being always full and to avoid objectively unrankable issues, unused hitsounds, unsnapped objects, etc. Also remember that the mapper don't have to agree with every mod that he get.
Yauxo
Why does every new suggested rule have to end in "force person x to to y"?

If I want to rebubble a map, then I will. If I dont, then I dont.

A bubble means that the map is ready and don't need anything else.
Also, this is nonsense. Just because a BN found a map to be bubble worthy doesnt mean that it's the most perfect map there is. There can still be many errors that other BNs or even Modders can find. This is why dq'ing and bubble popping exists.
Topic Starter
Natsu

Yauxo wrote:

Why does every new suggested rule have to end in "force person x to to y"?

If I want to rebubble a map, then I will. If I dont, then I dont.

A bubble means that the map is ready and don't need anything else.
Also, this is nonsense. Just because a BN found a map to be bubble worthy doesnt mean that it's the most perfect map there is. There can still be many errors that other BNs or even Modders can find. This is why dq'ing and bubble popping exists.
that's why you pop a bubble when you find issues or you rebubble after a long mod/mods.. If you don't want to rebubble you don't lol, this discussion is just to ¨Avoid qualification after a mod¨ No to force you to rebubble maps. And yes a Bubble mean that the ¨nominator¨ think that the map is ready even if is true or not, next nominator need to confirm this, that's why you need two nominators, iirc.

I'll ask someone to help me to reword the title seems that some people got confused .

changed title
Loctav
We are rewriting the BN rules already.
Also wrong forum.