forum

User panel displays which mode the user is playing [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Shiro
When you hit F9 and see someone playing, you don't know whether he's playing standard, taiko or CatchTheBeat.
I figured it could be a good idea to know that. Here's my idea: a small icon in the top-right corner that says which mode the user is playing.

For instance, when the user is playing osu! standard, no icon in the top-right corner:

When he's playing taiko:

And for CatchTheBeat:

I don't know if it will be hard to implement or not, but it can be a nice feature.
(note: the icon for taiko is the star2.png from the taiko skin and the one for CtB is the fruit_apple.png reduced to 50x50px)
Fight69
Support this~
Sushi
That's a good Idea, how many times did I spec'd someone and fell on CtB.

+ support
Shinde
I don't really see this as a big deal since a vast majority of users play standard anyways, but I think it'd be nice little touch assuming it isn't hard to code/implement.

+1 support I suppose.
Galkan
I wonder why it's not implemented yet.

+Support ofc
Gens
peppy's said several times the user panel/menu needs a complete redesign. I don't know how old would be that though... I assume it's low priority?
Musty
good idea
+1 support~
Derekku

Gens wrote:

peppy's said several times the user panel/menu needs a complete redesign. I don't know how old would be that though... I assume it's low priority?
This. Special modes will be supported in the user list eventually and has been requested dozens of times. Marking as denied.