forum

Why avoid dt until xxxx rank?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Deva
Im really sorry. I just dont know how could i be so ignorant and not notice something like that. You earned my respect.
-Makishima S-
Miss half way on best friends, retry and 30 seconds you're already back to where you were. Miss halfway on a marathon map and you lose 4 minutes.
Oh well, everyone have diffrent way of thinking about challenges and achievements, also how to gain experience. I like this kind of marathon maps becouse it puts pressure in blood while you have higer and higer combo. Also i am not interested at all in high speed playground, more about technical aim/acc/consistency. I think we are ok and you can leave this rude "ranks" away. Cheers.

Just shut up and DT higan kikou. Better?
Shut up and go back to farming easy/normals where is your place.
repr1se

Mahogany wrote:

You're good enough to have good self-control, though, and know what to do. If a person is asking for guidance on GnR, they're probably unsure of themselves, which is why it's a good idea to tell them to stay away from DT.
Fair enough. Better to overprepare than to underprepare.
I find that most common DT farm maps have such a low BPM nomod that they end up being around the same speed as an average nomod map of that level, or only slightly faster.
That's true. You'd be dealing with higher AR and higher OD then.
That's kinda subjective. A lot of people find higher AR easier to read because of lower object density.
Object density is a thing only when someone used to a higher AR goes to read a low AR. For example, someone accustomed to reading AR9 playing a song with AR6. Someone who is reading AR9 and used to reading it won't have anything to say about object density at AR9.

I don't think maps should be OD10 but I feel 9 is acceptable.
Regardless, the problem is DT pushes maps into having a high OD, when the other gameplay changes make them roughly equivalent to nomods.
So basically (and approximately), a 3.8* OD7 map with DT becomes 5* OD9 while a 5* OD7 stays a 5* OD7. I'm not seeing the problem here. Can you elaborate?

Uh, I disagree. As far as I can tell, it's rather difficult to get very high ranked purely nomod, so people end up having to choose between DT/HR to continue gaining ranks. At that point, DT ceases to be OP because the alternative has the same affect on OD so the PP reward ends up roughly the same for similar difficulties.
You're going to the same destination and there are two paths to choose from.
I don't see where you're going with this: HR's affect on mid level maps is far more noticeable than DT's. CS 5.2, AR10 and OD10 go much further than what DT does in terms of changing gameplay.
That's subjective. For me, DT changed gameplay more than HR did. The only reason I did DT was because of HP9.8 on HR.
But there's a direct correlation between having skill and earning PP.
Correlation, yes, but not absolute. The PP system is flawed in that you might gain PP from an easier map and not gain as much from a harder map.
Mahogany

Repr1se wrote:

Object density is a thing only when someone used to a higher AR goes to read a low AR. For example, someone accustomed to reading AR9 playing a song with AR6. Someone who is reading AR9 and used to reading it won't have anything to say about object density at AR9.
Yeah, I should've just given you that point, what I said was kinda dumb. Sorry, I'm in a hostile mood right now xd

Repr1se wrote:

So basically (and approximately), a 3.8* OD7 map with DT becomes 5* OD9 while a 5* OD7 stays a 5* OD7. I'm not seeing the problem here. Can you elaborate?
The problem is it's easier to get higher PP out of higher OD. Even if you get lower acc on OD9 than on OD7 proportional to the difference in the timing window, you're still likely to come out ahead on PP.

Repr1se wrote:

That's subjective. For me, DT changed gameplay more than HR did. The only reason I did DT was because of HP9.8 on HR.
At a medium level of play, though, there's very little distinction between 5* nomods and maps that become 5* after DT. Meanwhile, the change to CS by itself brought upon by HR is by itself a massive difference in the fundamentals as to how a map plays.

Repr1se wrote:

You're going to the same destination and there are two paths to choose from.
At mid ranks, though, I wouldn't consider DT different enough to justify calling it a different path.

Repr1se wrote:

Correlation, yes, but not absolute. The PP system is flawed in that you might gain PP from an easier map and not gain as much from a harder map.
I also agree with that. Maffalda Gangsta is approximate in PP worth to Setting Sail Insane HDDT, last I checked. That's a full star difference, for similar PP.
Yuudachi-kun
Dt is hard now or something at 6.2*
I Give Up
Every note you hit makes you stronger. Play all mod. Play everything.
timemon
Scared to DT?

-You don't have to avoid DT at all. I have been playing DT since I was rank 30k.
-You would be mashing, but that's okay. You will start to be more accurate as you play more DT.
-DT helps you control your fingers, too. Being able to consistently singletapping at high bpm is a blessing.
-Faster AR forces you to adapt quicker and be alert. While also improves your AR reading. ( I can read AR9 AR8DT and AR8.5DT fine)
-OD8 with DT IS PUNISHING. If you can keep high acc on OD8DT, no mod will be much easier to acc.
-Higher BPM means less time between notes, it forces you to aim faster.
Not to mention DT is so fun to play.

People say you will eventually hit a wall after you DT so much and wont be able to gain pp anymore. That's true to no mod as well.
When you hit a wall, it means it's time for you to challenge yourself with harder maps.
Sylveon
honestly I think most people follow a pattern to improve. I also believe this is the fastest way to imrpove. DT improves your speed ALOT, sure you get PP but I remember doing ar7DT to begin with, which helped with playing fast AR9 then eventually DT'ing ar8 and so forth, I literally know noone who hasn't followed a similar path to rank 15k ish. If I had just played nomod ar9 for years my speed would be sht.

basically, no mod ar 9 4.5 maps > ar7 DT > harder ar9 > ar8DT > harder ar9, +HR/AR10 (after you DT ar8 comfortably its up to you were you go, for me I just went to AR10 and ar9 DT 9although its hilariously easy to lose reaction time for these two if you don't constantly play them, which I stopped doing 4 months ago... infact I stopped really playing 4 months ago... :(
Nadfee

Sylveon wrote:

honestly I think most people follow a pattern to improve. I also believe this is the fastest way to imrpove. DT improves your speed ALOT, sure you get PP but I remember doing ar7DT to begin with, which helped with playing fast AR9 then eventually DT'ing ar8 and so forth, I literally know noone who hasn't followed a similar path to rank 15k ish. If I had just played nomod ar9 for years my speed would be sht.

basically, no mod ar 9 4.5 maps > ar7 DT > harder ar9 > ar8DT > harder ar9, +HR/AR10 (after you DT ar8 comfortably its up to you were you go, for me I just went to AR10 and ar9 DT 9although its hilariously easy to lose reaction time for these two if you don't constantly play them, which I stopped doing 4 months ago... infact I stopped really playing 4 months ago... :(
Or just no-mod no-mod no-mod no-mod until you can pass the hardest no-mod and then use mods.
Just like what I'm doing.
Sylveon

Nadfee wrote:

Sylveon wrote:

Or just no-mod no-mod no-mod no-mod until you can pass the hardest no-mod and then use mods.
its not as quick. the point with DT pp farming is that whilst it is essentially pp farming, you spend alot of time doing it, you forget about improving (or the fact that you actually are) because you are so annoyed you keep choking a map. You spend alot more time playing as a result.

I know like, maybe one person out of about 35 that only no modded there way to rank 10k, It took them FOREVER and they sucked at anything remotely fast/ not ar9
Sylveon

Nadfee wrote:

Sylveon wrote:

besides, why am I even responding to someone who uses a multi acc/cheats, believable acc you got there bro, for sure.
Nadfee
its not as quick. the point with DT pp farming is that whilst it is essentially pp farming, you spend alot of time doing it, you forget about improving (or the fact that you actually are) because you are so annoyed you keep choking a map. You spend alot more time playing as a result.

I know like, maybe one person out of about 35 that only no modded there way to rank 10k, It took them FOREVER and they sucked at anything remotely fast/ not ar9
Well I might just hit #10k in 3 months.. 9 days to go til that dream is over tho ;x
No-mod to stronk! And well I can play DT decently on most AR8 maps.

EDIT: Why so bothered about my acc? is it too good for 3 months? lol

videos of my shitty gameplay (PUT A SPOILERBOX)
SPOILER
me 2 - 3 months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbl7zUDS2aQ (those alternates r horrible lel)
me now?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dI0DfPt2S0

Calling multi-acc/hacks instantly by just looking at my account is not a good habit and I feel a bit offended and honestly sad.
E m i

Nadfee wrote:

Calling multi-acc/hacks instantly by just looking at my account is not a good habit and I feel a bit offended and honestly sad.
N-nice aim you got there bro... :? :? :?
Nadfee

Momiji wrote:

Nadfee wrote:

N-nice aim you got there bro... :? :? :?
Ah well, not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. My aim is inconsistent depending on what my mood is for the day..
Don't feel discouraged! You probably have far more experience than me in map reading and streaming (cant even stream 168bpm for more than 7 seconds lol)

EDIT:

OT: I apologize for going too much off-topic. I was a bit angry over the guy accusing me of multi-accounting. Please carry on to discussing the OP's statement and so forth. Good day.
-sev
Fun silly arguments for fun silly people haha

Screw everyone's opinion and play dt whenever you feel like tbh
-Makishima S-
the point with DT pp farming is that whilst it is essentially pp farming, you spend alot of time doing it, you forget about improving (or the fact that you actually are) because you are so annoyed you keep choking a map. You spend alot more time playing as a result.
You talk like DT is only one and right mod to farm pp AND improve at this game - i highly disagree.
Nomod is good way to improve and learn how this game works.
You don't need to play DT to be good, you can later on jump into HR and play it - also good way to improve after reaching 4-digit.

Remember that players ARE NOT OBLIGATED to be able to play 200+ bpm maps.

Not everyone enjoy sanic speed.

Some people prefer stay on max 200 bpm and enjoy this game, make flashy technical pure aim/acc plays insteed of "hey, i dont see shit" 280-300+ bpm dt plays.

Only good and enjoyable to watch dt plays are once where you actualy show how godlike is your aim and how good can be your control but this kind of plays can be seen only in top100 max?

Take note - personal opinion. Ofc i respect your.
vsprite
As a speed player myself I learnt to play dt around 4k rank up to 1.3k rank, and I hit a massive wall because I could only play sanic ar8 420bpm maps. I had no finger control whatsoever. It took me a few months to play nomod at the same star level as dt, so make sure you can comfortably play and read nomod maps with ease before trying dt.
germeson
DT is the way to go.
I can't believe no one mentioned that it takes 1.5 times less for each play with DT, which saves you time, which makes you play more songs.
Synpoo

germeson wrote:

DT is the way to go.
I can't believe no one mentioned that it takes 1.5 times less for each play with DT, which saves you time, which makes you play more songs.
FARMERS PARADISE
-Makishima S-
And completly zero music enjoyment, like... playing reaction time based game is more interesting ^^.
Interesting theory tho.
You take this seriously at your own responsibility
NinjaNick
As a nomod player I always think of it like this. If you pass a DT map then you should be able to pass a map of a similar star level at around the same acc. If you can't then quit DT and practice nomod because you WILL develop bad habits. Now bring the rain down on me DT tryhards :)
buny

[Taiga] wrote:

And completly zero music enjoyment, like... playing reaction time based game is more interesting ^^.
Interesting theory tho.
You take this seriously at your own responsibility
that is entirely subjective tho

a 3 star dt map is much much slower than a 5 star no mod map, so I'm not sure where everyone is getting the impression that dt is some super sanic speed map for people that have no rhythm

it's like, if you're only going to compare the top speed dt maps, why aren't you comparing them to maps such as everything will freeze? You can't just compare one end of the spectrum if you're going to reference the whole topic
E m i
thank you, acc farm mod, for disguising yourself by making maps faster
buny

Momiji wrote:

thank you, acc farm mod, for disguising yourself by making maps faster
going faster maeks ur pp bigger
chainpullz

Sylveon wrote:

besides, why am I even responding to someone who uses a multi acc/cheats, believable acc you got there bro, for sure.
All of his nomod plays are easy nomod farm maps. It's 100% believable. The only reason they aren't in my top ranks as well is because I'm too lazy to fix the couple of misses I have on all of them.
E m i
me too

in the beginning lol
i love that song so much...
-Makishima S-
that is entirely subjective tho

a 3 star dt map is much much slower than a 5 star no mod map, so I'm not sure where everyone is getting the impression that dt is some super sanic speed map for people that have no rhythm

it's like, if you're only going to compare the top speed dt maps, why aren't you comparing them to maps such as everything will freeze? You can't just compare one end of the spectrum if you're going to reference the whole topic
I agree, 3* + DT is kinda easy to click since there is not many triplets / streams / difficult patterns. For sure it's slower in term of density and pattern difficulty than 5* nomod.
Speed itself i could also call subjective becouse everyone can handle diffrent bpm as comfortable zone and for person 1 it can be 180 bpm, for person 2 it can be 240. For both of them diffrent range will be "slower" and diffrent bpm will be too fast to enjoy gameplay and turn into reaction time point and click game.

I cannot personaly compare top speed dt maps to anything, i am not playing them and i don't have any feedback about also - top speed nomod maps. My skillset is based around lower bpm (max 180 as comfortable for reading and aiming) aim maps rather than anything faster and more stream focused. In this case i will trust your feedback.

Going fast for sure makes your pp bigger. Sadly i cannot find inside me this "sanic", looks like i was born without it :o
chainpullz

[Taiga] wrote:

reaction time point and click game.
You'll never get better at fast maps if you give up whenever it comes to this. The more you play at the "point and click" speeds the slower and slower it will feel until you are no longer pointing in clicking but rather reading the map. You won't wake up one day after never being able to play over 200bpm and magically be able to play 250bpm. It takes time and practice playing things that are outside your comfort zone. And if you don't play much on a daily basis it takes even longer.
-Makishima S-
Main thing is - i hate button mashing, it makes me instantly quit map when i start it.
If i run out of comfortable zone and play something faster, any missread result in either - mashing to catch circles or miss becouse i cannot read pattern. In both ways it's quit for me. Simply mashing and playing point and click reaction time based game don't give me any fun :/. Maybe that's the reason i don't try to play any 5-8* NF like 80%+ players on my rank have in historical top.
Not controllable alternating is also mashing for me, if it's forced by too high speed where i cannot follow with single tap.

You won't wake up one day after never being able to play over 200bpm and magically be able to play 250bpm. It takes time and practice playing things that are outside your comfort zone. And if you don't play much on a daily basis it takes even longer.
I agree and for now i leave it for natural skill progression, with time it will rise, better go slowly by 5-10 bpm each time than rush for sanic speed (which for now it is 200 and above for me).
Yuudachi-kun
Sanic speed is 290+ bpm.
Risa
People are forgetting to enjoy game
Yuudachi-kun

Reset- wrote:

People are forgetting to enjoy game
I disagree