forum

[invalid] Auto chat moderator for #osu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu
I know we have mods in #osu chat to control the utter chaos that it is. but... That being said, I feel a lot of their work could be reduced greatly by adding some new code to banchobot, or a whole new auto moderating system. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but this is the idea I had.

Lets say, When someone speaks a language other than English in #osu, The bot will auto initiate the !faq of that language in a private message. Now in order for that to be seen, there would need to be some code that forces that PM chat window to be the one that's being viewed.
Now i'm sure you could bypass that by having it only show that msg locally to the player, But... Maybe not, I don't know how everything is coded in there.

Its just a little thing that would free up the mods work/time from constantly typing !faq Now, You could say, they have that job and are there for a reason, which I understand. It just seems it could be automated, and the mods can focus on, other things. And also, Mods aren't always online, and or looking at chat. Which allows some stuff to slip through.

- Also, Bear with me, I'm new to the forum side of osu!, and I think I searched for this, but didn't find anything... But that's also what I did last time, yet it was already posted.
Piine
.....Though there are a lot of huge flaws with this..

For your request, for people speaking different languages in #osu or vice versa, keep in mind if a person continues, the said bot will spam BanchoBot each time and people will just abuse it at the end. In the end of the day, the farthest osu! as a community can get is to hire more chat moderators or find a way to get moderators active (possibly around late sessions of osu!.) and also work with Bancho's coding to silence users if they spam lines or curse crazily.

Like you stated, it's their job to moderate and exactly that what they should be doing. They volunteered for the position and that's what they should be doing while enjoying the game themselves. They wouldn't have asked for the position when they didn't think they would enjoy it.

(TLDR: Moderating shouldn't be easier in general, and they shouldn't rely on a bot. The best solution would be to get more moderators and improve on the auto silences by Bancho.)
Stefan
I see more wrong silences by the system given than right ones. Bancho silences for spam already, the rest should be left to the moderators.
Flanster
Language detection is planned in the near future. The rest can be handled by the GMT.