forum

How to spot a weeaboo?

posted
Total Posts
show more
ColdTooth
I've only had 1 anime dream but it lasted about 27 seconds.

I also know about 10 Japanese words, so I guess I'm not one either.
Aomi

Nameless wrote:

I'm planning to play the Little Busters! VN at some point, but I can't be arsed to download it.
As for eroge, I'd rather not.
Oh, I have that one already, boop.
Started playing it but gave up too quickly, idk why, I need to finish it sometime.
Nameless

Aomi wrote:

Nameless wrote:

I'm planning to play the Little Busters! VN at some point, but I can't be arsed to download it.
As for eroge, I'd rather not.
Oh, I have that one already, boop.
Started playing it but gave up too quickly, idk why, I need to finish it sometime.
Thanks for persuading me to download it.
I might start playing it tommorow morning while I stuff my face with far too much breakfest cereal. Dry breakfest cereal.

Edit: I can't get it working. Looks like I'll never play a VN, I guess.
Green Platinum
Good ol' LB
defiance
use the a button
silmarilen

Green Platinum wrote:

Weeaboo bingo needs:

-You think Touhou is an example of good game design eh sure, why not. i mean it's pretty popular
-You played a VN because it is based on an anime you like no
-You played an eroge for the sex scenes no
-You watch anime because it is anime, even when it is demonstrably worse than a western alternative no
-You decided to watch an anime because of a doujin or fanart you saw not sure
-You have a pixiv account despite not knowing japanese yes
-You have at least attempted to draw anime style art in your own time no
Granger
Who the hell would play a eroge for erotic stuff? Thats madness right?

1 I dont know what is good game design for bullet hell games, it seems to be fairly good tho?
2 Nah, while i have played VNs (Narcissu as example) i havent ever played one based on animes i like.
3 Havent played any of these... also see the top of my post.
4 Nah.
5 could be, sometimes i see images of anime and i like the character design so why not take a look?
6 Yeah, of course. How else would i follow these artists?
7 Nope.
Flaus

Green Platinum wrote:

Weeaboo bingo needs:

-You think Touhou is an example of good game design 2hu is life
-You played a VN because it is based on an anime you like no
-You played an eroge for the sex scenes wtf is an eroge
-You watch anime because it is anime, even when it is demonstrably worse than a western alternative no
-You decided to watch an anime because of a doujin or fanart you saw no
-You have a pixiv account despite not knowing japanese no
-You have at least attempted to draw anime style art in your own time when I was young I use to attempt to draw goku doing the kamehameha, does that count?
Bweh

Green Platinum wrote:

Weeaboo bingo needs:

-You think Touhou is an example of good game design
-You played a VN because it is based on an anime you like
-You played an eroge for the sex scenes
-You watch anime because it is anime, even when it is demonstrably worse than a western alternative
-You decided to watch an anime because of a doujin or fanart you saw
-You have a pixiv account despite not knowing japanese
-You have at least attempted to draw anime style art in your own time
-I've never looked at it that way
-Yes
-Never
-No
-Maybe? Sometimes a name gets thrown around so much I'll try it out but I usually get disappointed
-But I know Japanese
-All the time
B1rd
-You think Touhou is an example of good game design it is a shining example
-You played a VN because it is based on an anime you like no. usually anime are based on VNs, and I don't watch them because they're usually shitty
-You played an eroge for the sex scenes definitely
-You watch anime because it is anime, even when it is demonstrably worse than a western alternative is there even such a thing? But I much prefer Japanese media to Western media.
-You decided to watch an anime because of a doujin or fanart you saw yes
-You have a pixiv account despite not knowing japanese yes
-You have at least attempted to draw anime style art in your own time yes
Navizel

Green Platinum wrote:

Weeaboo bingo needs:

-You think Touhou is an example of good game design For a shmup, I guess so
-You played a VN because it is based on an anime you like Steins;Gate yeah
-You played an eroge for the sex scenes When I was starting on VNs yeah
-You watch anime because it is anime, even when it is demonstrably worse than a western alternative example?
-You decided to watch an anime because of a doujin or fanart you saw Haganai but I already know it's a generic and shitty show before I watched it because of the doujins
-You have a pixiv account despite not knowing japanese Well, there is an english pixiv
-You have at least attempted to draw anime style art in your own time Most of my drawings are anime so yeah
B1rd
The next Touhou game is coming out tomorrow iirc

meanwhile, I'm still on EoSD
eeezzzeee
I don't understand how so many people fap to hentai yet don't have anime related dreams wtf
Green Platinum

Navizel wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

-You watch anime because it is anime, even when it is demonstrably worse than a western alternative example?
Intended this as you prioritise watching anime over watching anything else. Even if the anime is the worse series.
Navizel

Green Platinum wrote:

Navizel wrote:

Intended this as you prioritise watching anime over watching anything else. Even if the anime is the worse series.
Hmm. Probably not. I haven't gotten myself into western tv shows but if I have to choose between a good movie and a bad anime I would choose the former.
Trash Boat

eeezzzeee wrote:

I don't understand how so many people fap to hentai yet don't have anime related dreams wtf
Hey i copyrighted Audrey for exclusive use dont even
Offdensen
Look on osu!
Aren't we all
abraker

FelicianoGasai wrote:

Look on osu!
Aren't we all
I know of players that couldnt care less about anime related stuff and just play the game.
Green Platinum
watching anime doesn't make you a weeb either
Antlia-
Technically a weeaboo is a person who is not Japanese, wants to be Japanese, gets knowledge from anime, and ends up insulting the culture.
you know what you call someone who likes anime ( that means conventions and stuff). An anime fan.
A Medic
Ask them why they want to become Japanese and how Japanese culture is superior to w/e culture they currently represent.
kapii
Mirror
Kiyoko
I've a riddle for you.

It's an object that reflects light in such a way that, for incident light in some range of wavelengths, the reflected light preserves many or most of the detailed physical characteristics of the original light. This is different from other light-reflecting objects that do not preserve much of the original wave signal other than color and diffuse reflected light.

A mirror.

Wikipedia has shitty riddles.