forum

[invalid] Expand Uploading Profile pic More like 10MB

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
makemecool123
Increase Request: Hello Can I request Make The uploading into 10MB for Big memory pics for not too off limit.
For Example: Photoshopped Proflie pic and it have big memory for too uoload butt u cant becuz is off limit the uploading a profile pic.
deadbeat
why on earth do you need 10MB for a 128x128 profile picture. that's way too extreme
Bara-
10MB is already incredibly high for something of 4000x3000 (not sure about the number, but an estimation) That's around 4MB at max
Nathanael
10 MB lol. That's waaaay too high.

500 Kilobytes is enough for a good quality avatar. Even if the resolution is 256x256
Trosk-
I have 5100x3400 pictures from my camera and they are like 6 mb O_o. Why in the world would you want 10? Like Nath said, 500kb are enough.
Flanster
That makes no sense, why on mars would you want to to that.
And what's with the random poll? Jeez.
Bara-

LoliFlan wrote:

That makes no sense, why on mars would you want to to that.
And what's with the random poll? Jeez.

PIPPIDON <3

Sorry
Kurai
The limit is already high enough for you to put any kind of images you want as avatar, even animated ones.

No wants to load 15 images that are even "only" 1 MB anytime they load a new page on the forum, not even you, or the server's bandwith or people like me with a very slow internet connection.

Keep in mind that the maximum size of avatars is 128x128 pixels. If you happen to have an avatar this size that goes beyond the upload limit, you should consider saving it again in .jpeg or .png (if there is transparency) with a decent compression rate.
deadbeat
alright, so moving this to feature requests, since it is one and gonna deny. i've never really had any issues uploading good quality images, and even if there was a size limit increase, 10MB is way too huge.